Super Contributor

Using RTM for setting makeup?

For those of you who use the RTM for setting makeup how well does it work?

I love using it on my hair but curious how it works for that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Using RTM for setting makeup?

I use it everyday to set my makeup. BUT I spray before I apply my mascara. I use Mally mascara and I have very long lashes and no matter how far away I spritz I get some mascara under my eyes. Don't know about that ""bullet proof"" claim with the mascara.
Super Contributor

Thanks beaches21!!!

Honored Contributor

Princesa7, welcome to the Wen forum!!! -- Since I don't use makeup I can't give you my personal assessment. That said Laura Geller did a show with Chaz and she does use the RTM to set makeup. Mally has also done shows with Chaz and I think that she also uses the RTM to set makeup. HTH - bebeSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Thanks bebe777!!

Good info! I'll be putting makeup on in a few mins and will try the spray out!

Respected Contributor

Ditto on the tip to use before any eye makeup bc RTM makes an excellent eye makeup remover.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 bebe777 said: Princesa7, welcome to the Wen forum!!! -- Since I don't use makeup I can't give you my personal assessment. That said Laura Geller did a show with Chaz and she does use the RTM to set makeup. Mally has also done shows with Chaz and I think that she also uses the RTM to set makeup. HTH - bebeSmiley Happy
Princesa7 in the three hour show Chaz just mentioned that Laura Geller and Mally each use the RTM to set makeup. How did it work for you? - bebeSmiley Happy
Contributor

I use 613 RTM to set my makeup daily- even after applying mascara (I use It Cosmetics tight line primer mascara, not the waterproof). I don't have issues with my mascara running & my makeup stays put well. Can't say it lasts ALL day, but it doesn't migrate and looks as good 6 hrs later when I'm leaving work. Plus- the 613 RTM is not drying to my face and my skin looks better than ever!!
Valued Contributor

I use it every single day as the last thing I put on my face. I have to admit, I don't know if it really "sets" my MU, or that I just feel really good using it every day and that the mist makes my skin feel revitalized and my face and MU look dewy. But for just those reasons alone it is wonderful for me. I use these all the time, hair, skin, a pick-me-up, you name it.

For real-deal setting sprays, the UD All-Nighter is great. And I also have one by Victoria's Secret Beauty called Make it Last.

Valued Contributor

I've used it as a refreshing spray without makeup & it's refreshing & 'perks' up the skin.