New Contributor

Chaz how true is this article?

Hi,

Just found this article written by Eric Charles Mokotoff, Hair Color Artists & Owner at Hair Studio Artists. Little upsetting and probably there is some truth to it. Thought you would like to also read this article. I am a WEN lady and my room is overflowing with WEN products. Not sure once I finish using this product if I will continue with it.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

The major ingredient in WEN is polysorbate-80. Polysorbate 80 is an oil disperser that simply breaks down the oil into smaller particles leaving it just slightly under the cuticle of the hair. This is incredible on thick, coarse or dry hair but eventually the oil attracts dirt and styling build up as it plates along the cuticle. On fine hair this just creates an oily mess that appears like buildup or dandruff. And most importantly please do not trust someone on TV who has never felt your hair or met you. There is no such 1 product to rule them all.

Valued Contributor

Re: Chaz how true is this article?

You could also say don’t trust trolls on message boards. If you look at most trolls on QVC you will see a pattern of how they will create multiple accounts over the years, then resurrect the account days before Chaz makes an appearance.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 shopping lady said:

Hi,

Just found this article written by Eric Charles Mokotoff, Hair Color Artists & Owner at Hair Studio Artists. Little upsetting and probably there is some truth to it. Thought you would like to also read this article. I am a WEN lady and my room is overflowing with WEN products. Not sure once I finish using this product if I will continue with it.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

The major ingredient in WEN is polysorbate-80. Polysorbate 80 is an oil disperser that simply breaks down the oil into smaller particles leaving it just slightly under the cuticle of the hair. This is incredible on thick, coarse or dry hair but eventually the oil attracts dirt and styling build up as it plates along the cuticle. On fine hair this just creates an oily mess that appears like buildup or dandruff. And most importantly please do not trust someone on TV who has never felt your hair or met you. There is no such 1 product to rule them all.

None of the CCs contain polysorbate-80. Some contain polysorbate-60, and for those that do, it's more than halfway down the ingredients list. Quite a far cry from being "the major ingredient."

HTH Smile

Honored Contributor

You know Chaz does't post here right?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I use regular shampoos not wen cc but there are many people here that never had a buildup problem
Esteemed Contributor

And we're off!
Honored Contributor

That is why I use a clarifying shampoo with a CC condition treatment when my hair gets ""gunky.""

WEN works great for me 90% of the time...and I mix in shampoo when needed!

Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Hi,

None of the CCs contain polysorbate-80. Some contain polysorbate-60, and for those that do, it's more than halfway down the ingredients list. Quite a far cry from being "the major ingredient."

HTH Smile

WenGirl42, {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Yep, We're only 4 days away! Where's that deer with the popcorn?

shopping lady, You should make sure your 'information' is correct before you post. Since your "room is overflowing with products" just read the label yourself.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Oh and I forgot. Just curious but has the guy that wrote the article ( that you didn't provide a link for) seen your hair? He hasn't seen mine, so I'll take his advice and not trust his opinion. See how that works? He should add random internet posters to the list.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Drythe said:
On 9/22/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Hi,

HTH Smile

WenGirl42, {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Yep, We're only 4 days away! Where's that deer with the popcorn?

shopping lady, You should make sure your 'information' is correct before you post. Since your "room is overflowing with products" just read the label yourself.

For your viewing pleasure.

I umm bowered this gif from someone else on the board, of who I have forgotten their name.