Valued Contributor

I may be way behind in this news but now I finally have my answer and know I am nor "sickly". First let me say I love Chaz Dean. I can see he is a kind heart. I am also a dog(animal) lover and I love what he does for his dogs. They are obviously happy, healthy and peaceful dogs. That speaks to the treatment from the owner.

I did just read about law suits regarding hair falling out from use of the product. I had major hair loss while using Wen. I still have quite a bit of product left and I am now afraid to use it. I stopped using it for a bit of time and saw no more extreme hair loss. Maybe there is something to the claims of hair follicle suffocation. I heard Nick Chavez say hair must be washed. I BELIEVE HE IS RIGHT. I am going to try his product. Lord knows I now need to volumize!

Respected Contributor

If my hair was falling out, I would not use the product. Chaz Dean is a salesman and does not know us personally, he has plenty of customers and will not be hurt. You have to take care of yourself.

Super Contributor

I have read this complaint before, but I don't use Wen & have to clean my drain monthly of hair clogs. You lose up to 100 hairs a day. Is yours excessive?

Respected Contributor

I googled "hair follicle suffocation" and found no scientific or dermatological discussion of this. My hairdresser claims not scrubbing the hair vigorously can make hair fall out, but AFAIK this is baseless and not coming from any scientific experts. Perhaps Chaz should file a countersuit. I'm not a lawyer, but if someone sued me without basis (I find no basis yet) I'd look into it.

Valued Contributor
Here we go again!!!
Formally NewtoWen
Super Contributor
I say, find what works for YOU.
Respected Contributor
On 9/21/2014 Newtowen said: Here we go again!!!

You got that right!!!!

Respected Contributor

It also causes hair loss for me...ReMoist, too. BUT, it isn't the only brand that's caused it for me over the years. I'm sure I must be allergic to certain ingredients...no problem, I just move on. Once I quit using those products, the hair loss stops immediately.

Frequent Contributor

it's always interesting (and annoying at times) to me these complaints/comments about hair loss because a lot of the time the people complaining/commenting rarely state whether not they cleanse EVERY day or EVERY FEW days. it's commonly known that on an average day most people lose around 100 strands of hair throughout the day but don't really notice, especially if they cleanse every day. many people who complain about excessive hair loss either don't comprehend that fact or refuse to believe that fact. For people who only cleanse every few days, a lot more hair is obviously going to be noticed. that's a fact. personally, i believe that many of the people who complain about losing an "tons" of hair aren't cleansing every day thus of course they will notice a lot more hair shedding than people who cleanse every day. a huge problem is the people who's increased hair loss is due to health/medical conditions but that the people adamantly refuse to believe that their hair loss is due to anything but Wen. until people who experience hair loss problems actually make the honest effort to see their doctors to make sure their hair loss is NOT due to health/medical issues (ie. allergies, etc), people are just going to keep complaining and blaming Wen for their hair loss and they'll never believe that their hair loss issues are anything but due to Wen no matter how much anybody tries to tell them otherwise.

Respected Contributor

MMMmmmm. I have a very low thyroid and hair lose, but it never seems to thin. I know I loose it because of the shower drain. I also remember my days in the dorms in college where 10 girls were sharing 2 showers. Every day I cleaned the drain before I got in. Hair falls out and grows back, in most people. We all pretty much had long hair then, so one strand seemed like much more than many shorter hairs. I think you should clean your drain before you get in, if you are the only one using it, and put it between some tissue paper and sit it out of the way to dry. Over the week do this, then see what you have at the end of 7 days. If it is a ton of hair, not a quarter size wad or so, then you have significant hair loss. Your hairdresser would also notice and well as your brush. Just some things to think about it.