Regular Contributor

Calling my curly girls.. I need advice

My hair has been frizzy Smiley Sad I don't know what to do anymore because my favorite product that define my curls perfectly and still left it touchable has been discontinued. Everything o have tried has either been drying or not enough hold. I wash whichever formula I feel like using but will include one or two of the following: fig, BGT, TT, 613, or a seasonal. I do remoist once a week and a quarter size as leave in and two pumps of CC as leave in. Also some oil (wen or coconut oil) and a pump and a half 613 SC.Then I would add the Redken Fresh Curls Definer which was a thick leave in conditioner that would perfectly define my ringlets and left it super touchable. I also have a gel that I use once in a while that hold my curls very well but I don't like to use it unless I have an event to go to and it's humid out because my hair feels dry when I rinse it out. I need a product that is gong to hold my curls without crunchiness and that won't dry it out. Any suggestions? I've had no luck with the VTS and the mouse is sort of unpredictable to me.. This is what my hair looks like we just my wen leave in: http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/images/uploads/NATHALIE_EMMANUEL.jpg http://www.voxteencommunications.org/Pics/Channels/MyStory/BTS2011_hairprofile_laetitia.jpg Nothing is wrong with that look, that's how my hair looks most days but for special events, date nights, ect this is what my hair generally looks like and what I am looking to accomplish again: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/dc/40/49/dc404962bbe681adbd2f66a0da373296.jpg http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=40711312
Regular Contributor

Re: Calling my curly girls.. I need advice

Oops idk all the liks got mashed together..sorry! I am going to bump and old thread of my hair on good hair days
Honored Contributor

Have you had you hair cut at a salon that specializes in curly hair, Devashan and Quidad come to mind.

They will teach you how to handle your hair and what to do and more importantly what not to do

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Fluffy Bear: I saw your picture on the thread you bumped, and your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I really think you are obsessing way, way too much about your hair. My hair is a lot like yours, although the ringlets are about half as tight. I can't imagine doing all that with it! I do use coconut oil and MOA conditioner that I get on sale. I will admit that sometimes it is frizzy and too dry, but I just don't have time to fuss with it many days.

How often do you wash it? I wonder whether all this fussing with your hair is actually drying it out. I wear my hair in layers because it is easier to comb and care for that way.

Super Contributor

Is the Redken product the one that got discontinued?

I remember seeing it back when I worked at Ulta - they rebranded the Fresh Curls line under the new name Curvaceous, and I think they reformulated and rereleased the product you're talking about under the name "Curvaceous Full Swirl," so I would check around for that before giving up hope on the product that works for you!

Esteemed Contributor

You have frizz, but how do your curls feel? What happens when you squeeze one? Pull one?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Regular Contributor

On 9/20/2014 I am still oxox said:

Have you had you hair cut at a salon that specializes in curly hair, Devashan and Quidad come to mind.

They will teach you how to handle your hair and what to do and more importantly what not to do

I have a deva cut.. I love it. My cut is great. Their products make my hair feel dry though :/
Regular Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Ms X said:

Fluffy Bear: I saw your picture on the thread you bumped, and your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I really think you are obsessing way, way too much about your hair. My hair is a lot like yours, although the ringlets are about half as tight. I can't imagine doing all that with it! I do use coconut oil and MOA conditioner that I get on sale. I will admit that sometimes it is frizzy and too dry, but I just don't have time to fuss with it many days.

How often do you wash it? I wonder whether all this fussing with your hair is actually drying it out. I wear my hair in layers because it is easier to comb and care for that way.

I've always had a love hate relationship with it. I love it when it looks perfect.. I hate it when it looks anything less than that. I wash 2-3 times a week,
Regular Contributor

On 9/20/2014 RyBelle said:

I remember seeing it back when I worked at Ulta - they rebranded the Fresh Curls line under the new name Curvaceous, and I think they reformulated and rereleased the product you're talking about under the name "Curvaceous Full Swirl," so I would check around for that before giving up hope on the product that works for you!

He's the redken was the one I used before. It was more of a leave in conditioner than a styling product. The full swirl was too waxy for me Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 FluffyBear said:
On 9/20/2014 RyBelle said:

He's the redken was the one I used before. It was more of a leave in conditioner than a styling product. The full swirl was too waxy for me Smiley Sad

I used Redken before Wen and I almost swore off the brand when they reformulated the original All Soft so I feel your pain {#emotions_dlg.sad}

TIGI has a product called the "Curls Rock Amplifier" which a lot of people swear by for touchability and hold.

I have 2C curly hair myself and I've used this product before (and have since switched out for the Wen styling creme) - it has more of a creamy consistency and does what it says it will. A little goes a long way though so you have to be kind of hyper vigilant about using too much.