Super Contributor

Oil: Leave-In, Overnight, or Both?

Hi all!

I've been using my SHP oil both as a daily leave-in and as a weekly overnight treatment, but sometimes I feel like I could skip the leave-in.

Sometimes when I use it as a leave-in, it's a little much for my hair (I only use a few drops).

When I do it as an overnight, my hair adores the extra love!

In your experience, and especially if you regularly use the oil as a leave-in AND a treatment, would it make a huge difference if I used the oil only for overnight treatments?

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oil: Leave-In, Overnight, or Both?

Before I started using Frizz Ease, I used Wen Oils added to my CC leave-in, not in place of. I also did the overnight treatments.

I add Frizz-Ease to my leave-in now and use TT Oil overnight.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 9/17/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Before I started using Frizz Ease, I used Wen Oils added to my CC leave-in, not in place of. I also did the overnight treatments.

I add Frizz-Ease to my leave-in now and use TT Oil overnight.

My current leave-in is a pump of SC mixed with a pump of CC and a few drops of oil, I forgot to mention that {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I know it's the oil that's a little too intensive during my leave-in routine so that's why I'm trying to figure out if I can skip it, but perhaps something lighter would do well to replace it since I don't know if my hair will be very happy without something sealing in the moisture.

My hair likes cones so maybe a silicone-based serum like Frizz Ease would work for me as well - I've seen you mention it a few times, does it perform well?

Esteemed Contributor

Uh, yeah, Ry, that would have helped!

The SC has silicones, so if you are just looking for moisture retention, the CC and SC should be enough.

As for Frizz Ease, it's an HG product! Wen TT has made my hair longer and thicker. Because of that, I needed some heavy duty help with frizz. Prior to Wen, I was a silicone PJ, so I knew what to look for and what the benefits would be.

Frizz Ease did everything I expected (moisture retention, no frizz or knots, shine) did it well!

Super Contributor

On 9/17/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Uh, yeah, Ry, that would have helped!

The SC has silicones, so if you are just looking for moisture retention, the CC and SC should be enough.

As for Frizz Ease, it's an HG product! Wen TT has made my hair longer and thicker. Because of that, I needed some heavy duty help with frizz. Prior to Wen, I was a silicone PJ, so I knew what to look for and what the benefits would be.

Frizz Ease did everything I expected (moisture retention, no frizz or knots, shine) did it well!

Frizz Ease is John Frieda, right?

I used his Radiant Red shampoo and conditioner for quite a while before I switched to Wen and I was very impressed, so I have no doubt Frizz Ease is as awesome as you say! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on your hair. I tried the oils as leave in and it was too much. My hair looks great with the CC as leave in and the SC.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 jaxs mom said:

I think it depends on your hair. I tried the oils as leave in and it was too much. My hair looks great with the CC as leave in and the SC.

I agree with you. Adding oils as a leave in could be too moisturizing. I sometimes add just a small drop of SHP oil after my hair is already styled and it makes my hair smell wonderful.

Super Contributor

Same for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, Frizz Ease is John Frieda! This serum works so well, I'm going to look into the rest of his line.

jaxs and susan: she mixes the oils into her CC and SC and uses that combo as her leave-in.

Super Contributor

On 9/17/2014 susan25 said:

I agree with you. Adding oils as a leave in could be too moisturizing. I sometimes add just a small drop of SHP oil after my hair is already styled and it makes my hair smell wonderful.

This is what I have been doing but, as I said in my OP, I think it's a little much - glad to see I'm probably not imagining that!