Respected Contributor
I'm having hair drama and need you ladies to put in your two cents worth. Usually when we talk about hair becoming limp and not holding a curl, we go for more protein. Over the summer I definitely neglected the 613. I was so into SHP. I realized I needed to incorporate it back in. The last few times I cleansed, it was 613, TT, SHP, 613/SHP, FAS, TT/613, FGP (yes, I write it down!). I am still having issues with it just letting down in one day, or overnight. I cleanse every fourth day. The most I can hold is small curls at the ends, and waves throughout. Does this sound like a protein issue to you? When you really have been without enough protein how long has it taken you to snap back into shape? I have TT, SAM, POM, WKW, 613, and all seasonals except SMC, SOB & FTP. I have BGT but it felt drying. I am open to any suggestions. TIA
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

It's funny that you're asking this, I'm interested to see what others may say.

A few weeks ago, I was at our vacation house and my hair was just "ugh", it wouldn't do anything. I had been using only TT, CA and LAV, so I started adding in 613 to my second cleanse. I did this for three or four cleanses in a row (all within seven or eight days).........sure enough, I had done too much. My hair became dry, brittle and started tangling easily. I currently have TT oil on my scalp and coconut oil on the length of my hair, so I should be back to normal tomorrow.

Maybe you could do an overnight 613 treatment? Just a few pumps of 613 into wet hair (instead of Remoist), then wash out the next morning? That might give you the boost you need.

Frequent Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I started wenning with the March TSV. I have never used the 613 that's actually part of that TSV. I've been using the cores TT/CA/SAM/LAV and occasionally SHP and SOB. My hair was great the first 3 months, but it's been so flat after that. I was thinking it's because I have long hair and it's just weighed down and maybe I should cut it.

I don't know much about which wen does what, but I think i'm going to crack open my 613 tonight! Hope it does the trick. Thanks ladies for the ideas.

Hope you figure it out Kjelle. There's nothing worse than blah hair, especially when you're using the best stuff out there.

Super Contributor

Limp and "mushy" is a sign of lack of protein. I noticed you are using 613 in your first cleanse. Maybe try using it for your second cleanse so it can stay on your hair longer. Also, I have used it as a deep conditioner alone or as a primer for the Remoist.

Respected Contributor
Yes, if it doesn't perk up soon, I'll call the salon. I started Wenning Jan 2012 and I've never had this problem. My hair is the longest it's ever been and the length as an issue had occurred to me as well. I wouldn't cut it off, but it could need a cut into something, you know what I mean? Also styling, is a whole new ball game since I've never had so much hair. But the Spring and early Summer were a dream! So this seems dramatic.
Esteemed Contributor

Kjelle, I've overmoisturized my hair more times than I can count. It's soft and no curl definition...just bleh.

I went with beasty protein treatments (Nexxus Emergencee or ApHogee), and even they took a month or two to kick in.

It happened once with Wen in the beginning. From then on, I used 613 at least once a week.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
On 9/16/2014 okiebug said:

Limp and "mushy" is a sign of lack of protein. I noticed you are using 613 in your first cleanse. Maybe try using it for your second cleanse so it can stay on your hair longer. Also, I have used it as a deep conditioner alone or as a primer for the Remoist.

OK so may be I am on the right track. I will keep at it. I am almost done with my 16oz, but like a true Wenaholic, there is another in the back closet!
Respected Contributor
On 9/16/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Kjelle, I've overmoisturized my hair more times than I can count. It's soft and no curl definition...just bleh.

I went with beasty protein treatments (Nexxus Emergencee or ApHogee), and even they took a month or two to kick in.

It happened once with Wen in the beginning. From then on, I used 613 at least once a week.

OK so I had neglected it worse than I thought. Thanks for the time frame perspective.
Respected Contributor
On 9/16/2014 DoxieMomma said:

A few weeks ago, I was at our vacation house and my hair was just "ugh", it wouldn't do anything. I had been using only TT, CA and LAV, so I started adding in 613 to my second cleanse. I did this for three or four cleanses in a row (all within seven or eight days).........sure enough, I had done too much. My hair became dry, brittle and started tangling easily. I currently have TT oil on my scalp and coconut oil on the length of my hair, so I should be back to normal tomorrow.

Maybe you could do an overnight 613 treatment? Just a few pumps of 613 into wet hair (instead of Remoist), then wash out the next morning? That might give you the boost you need.

I did one overnight and it looks like another one is in my future. End of the week for sure. Thanks Doxiemama.
Trusted Contributor
On 9/16/2014 Kjelle said:
On 9/16/2014 DoxieMomma said:

A few weeks ago, I was at our vacation house and my hair was just "ugh", it wouldn't do anything. I had been using only TT, CA and LAV, so I started adding in 613 to my second cleanse. I did this for three or four cleanses in a row (all within seven or eight days).........sure enough, I had done <em>too</em> much. My hair became dry, brittle and started tangling easily. I currently have TT oil on my scalp and coconut oil on the length of my hair, so I should be back to normal tomorrow.

I did one overnight and it looks like another one is in my future. End of the week for sure. Thanks Doxiemama.

It was really odd for my hair to be like that.......I mentioned being at another place because we have "city water" there. Our home has well water, which is "hard" and full of minerals......I kept thinking my hair was reacting to the different water type, but I really needed a dose of protein.

Hope you get things back to normal soon!