Contributor
I am new to wen. I am getting color and highlights today. What should I do before I go?
Honored Contributor

I start my pre-color process a couple of days before. I do a remoist 2 nights before and an oil treatment the night before.

If you have RTM, you might use that today.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor
Do you leave the remotest in or rinse it out? I do have RTM
Honored Contributor

I rinse it out in the morning. I like to sleep in the remoist.

For me, the oil treatment is a life saver because prior to using WEN oils my scalp used to always get irritated when I had my hair colored, probably because my scalp was dry (which is probably why they always recommend you don't was your hair for 48 hours before color so that the natural oils on your scalp are allowed to accumulate and protect it).

So having it nicely oiled has been a life saver.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I do my normal cleanse before color...but I don't put any styling products in my hair at all that day. I do a Remoist treatment before I go to bed the day I get color, and leave it in overnight.

Honored Contributor

I never did anything special.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Same I don't do anything special either right directly before I dye....just to add the only thing I do is 2-3days before dyeing I use a deep conditioner after washing my hair.

Super Contributor

I did a Remoist before, rinsed out, put a little leave in - it seemed to help even out the color at the ends. I also put 2 droppers of POM oil on my scalp - 1/2 dropper on each quadrant and massaged in really well - a couple of hours before I colored my hair. Not enough to get my hair oily, but the oil protected my scalp from the chemicals.

After my color, I did another Remoist.

Honored Contributor

What kind of color do you ladies have?

I go to an Aveda salon, and after my color my hair always looks shiny & healthy...they use Aveda shampoo & conditioner after the color.

I have a chestnut single process shade to color my gray roots.

Honored Contributor

I don't ever wash my hair before I color. A week before I color, I do a Remoist treatment and use oils twice that week. The day I color, I don't wash and I add a few droppers of oil to my hair color. (I color at home and use argan oil.) After I rinse the color and included conditioner from my hair, I add Remoist and a few drops of WEN oil to my hair and let it air dry. I may do a scalp oil treatment that night, too.