Super Contributor

I think it is you who has mentioned sensitivity to Cinnamon Bark Oil? I apologize if I have the wrong person, but just wanted to hear more about how you found out?

Super Contributor

Bump!

And also curious about Clove Leaf Oil?

Honored Contributor

Hi Mandy!

Yes, I am sensitive to those two ingredients. How I know is based on various products I have tried/used over the course of many years and those were always ingredients (either one or both) in products that irritated my skin or scalp, either by redness (feels like a sunburn) and/or bumps (almost blister like, small). When talking with my derm, she said those ingredients contain certain compounds that can be irritating to some and are actually not very good for the skin on a regular basis. I am finding many spice extracts/EOs cause similar reactions for me, as well as EOs and extracts from certain trees. I try to avoid these types of things on my skin and scalp as best as I can.

HTH! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Thanks for the reply! Had started using a new product and those were some of the only ingredients that didn't appear in similar products I have used in the past with no problems. I developed funky hives-ish issues on my ears and nape of my neck, which never happened in the past. I love these products and don't want to stop using so once the irritation calms down I plan to use maybe once a week. The results were just so stellar! But feel good knowing I'm not the only one with a sensitivity.
Honored Contributor

awww, dang, sorry to hear that! You reminded me though, I did get a little bit of rash on the nape of my neck too. Not my ears though but yes, on my neck. Just a few blistery bumps. Good luck to you! Smiley Happy