Valued Contributor

Step by step on opening styling creme

can someone puhhhlease help a girl out and give me the step by step or any tips on how to open these dang styling cremes? I'm currently waiting on taking my shower because i want to try out my bgt but can't get it open! Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

Re: Step by step on opening styling creme

Glad to know I'm not alone! I have a bottle that I've been using by taking the top off and on because I cannot get the darn pump open!
Trusted Contributor

Okay, I literally laughed out loud......

I'm at my vacation house, so I don't have a newer SC with me, just an old LAV and a 613. I looked at the LAV bottle, and the top has "OPEN" and an arrow to turn. Is this not on the new ones?

From what I can remember, grab the top near the neck with your one hand, and use the other hand to twist the pump counterclockwise to open. You may have to twist quite a few times.

Honored Contributor

How I do it:

Before you insert the pump into the bottle, grasp the white part of the pump right below the black pump cap.

Yes, right there, in the middle of the fatter white part below the black and above where it thins down to the 'straw-like' part.

Hold on tight with one hand and DO NOT let it turn while you, rotate the part where the SC comes out counter-clock-wise.

Do not let the white part you are hanging on to spin, keep turning that black pump part until it pops up.

Remember Left to loosie, Right to tightie!

Best of Luck!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

The pump for the SC already comes in it. You don't have to take out and insert again. All you have to do is turn and turn and turn the head of the pump with your finger and it will pop up. Some people think they got a broken pump but they did not. Just keep turning it.
Formally NewtoWen
Trusted Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Newtowen said: The pump for the SC already comes in it. You don't have to take out and insert again. All you have to do is turn and turn and turn the head of the pump with your finger and it will pop up. Some people think they got a broken pump but they did not. Just keep turning it.

Yes, this is what I remember (it's been a loooong time since I opened a new SC bottle). Just keep turning and turning and turning.....

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 9/9/2014 Newtowen said: The pump for the SC already comes in it. You don't have to take out and insert again. All you have to do is turn and turn and turn the head of the pump with your finger and it will pop up. Some people think they got a broken pump but they did not. Just keep turning it.

Yes, this is what I remember (it's been a loooong time since I opened a new SC bottle). Just keep turning and turning and turning.....

Ooops, my bad. I confused opening the SC with the CC. With both SC & CC I use the same technique, but with SC have to take them out, clean them off, hold the white part with a towel because it is slippery, and then do as I stated above.

Maybe I'm jinxed, maybe I offended the pump gods somehow, but this is the only way they pop for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I've never had to remove the pump from a SC bottle to get it to pop up.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

LOL thanks so much ladies. Of course I am an impatient ham and wanted to open the bgt as fast as I could, but I did this previously with shp and broke the pump. {#emotions_dlg.lol} whoops! i have no problem doing the 16oz & 32oz CC pumps but these itty bitty 6oz SC ones just aren't my friends.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Drythe said:

How I do it:

Before you insert the pump into the bottle, grasp the white part of the pump right below the black pump cap.

Yes, right there, in the middle of the fatter white part below the black and above where it thins down to the 'straw-like' part.

Hold on tight with one hand and DO NOT let it turn while you, rotate the part where the SC comes out counter-clock-wise.

Do not let the white part you are hanging on to spin, keep turning that black pump part until it pops up.

Remember Left to loosie, Right to tightie!

Best of Luck!

I believe this poster nailed it!