Super Contributor

SHP Fans: Herbal Essence's Naked CC is a Great Dupe!

Hey all!

You guys know I'm a Wen fanatic, so I don't like to veer off and try other brands since I'm loyal to Chaz, but I have to rave about the new HE CC in Naked!

I run a beauty blog outside of the forums and sometimes companies will send me new releases to review, which is how I got this product. I honestly had no intention of trying any other brand of CC - even Hair One doesn't appeal to me, so receiving it directly from Clairol was pretty much the only way I would be exposed to it.

The big difference between the HE CC and the Wen CC is that you have to use like 4 pumps, even for long hair, and that's it. No double cleansing necessary.

The scent is very herbal and earthy - it is closest to LAV, with a little SGGT mixed in.

After applying the product the same way I apply Wen, I let it sit for the duration of the shower and rinsed out.

Um...are you sure this isn't SHP just with a different scent?!?! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Seriously, the results were exactly the same for me - the shine, moisture, and body were out of this world! I can even go 3 days between washes with the HE CC, which is something I could only do when I used SHP.

I have like 3 unopened 32oz. bottles of SHP in my stash so I don't have to really worry about running out, but the performance of this product makes me less nervous about losing my results once I'm out of SHP, or any of the Wen CC's, really.

This CC costs about $5 a bottle for 16.9oz, which at 4 pumps a wash and 2 washes a week (based on my results), is basically like stealing it.

If you have been yearning for SHP to come back and don't have the patience to wait for the re-release next summer, try the Herbal Essences Naked Cleansing Conditioner, it's worth it!

Rave over {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: SHP Fans: Herbal Essence's Naked CC is a Great Dupe!

Thanks but it would be a no go for me- Herbal essence isn't cruelty free. Plus I looked at the ingredients and doesn't even contain honey or moisturizing ingredients my hair loves with the SHP and it contains peppermint oil which I don't like. The ingredients aren't anywhere close to the same!

I'm glad you found something you like just as well but I personally will be sticking with SHP and stocking up on it!

Super Contributor

I'll have to see if I can find it and take a sniff,
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks but it would be a no go for me- Herbal essence isn't cruelty free. Plus I looked at the ingredients and doesn't even contain honey or moisturizing ingredients my hair loves with the SHP and it contains peppermint oil which I don't like. The ingredients aren't anywhere close to the same!

I'm glad you found something you like just as well but I personally will be sticking with SHP and stocking up on it!

I feel the same way about the ingredients and the fact that it isn't cruelty free, that's why I was trying to emphasize the results.

I have enough SHP to last me a lifetime (or at least however long a Wen lifetime would be) {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

Well I'll certainly give it a try. Thanks for the heads up!
Trusted Contributor

Good review! I'd luv to try out sample products from mfrgs. I will buy this.
Trusted Contributor

No thank you. Didn't perform anywhere near SHP on my fine,color-treated hair. The non cruelty-free is a big issue with me also.
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: Good review! I'd luv to try out sample products from mfrgs. I will buy this.

I'm a product junkie so getting sent stuff is just feeding the beast - the best part is that everything is always full size

Honored Contributor

I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry. I threw it in the trash.

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Nightowlz said:

I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry. I threw it in the trash.

This is the one in the white bottle. I heard the pink one was pretty bad, because it has a metric ton of fillers.