Regular Contributor
I may be in the minority here but not only do I smell menthol (the same or maybe a little more than BGT) but it smells like a jolly rancher to me Smiley Sad I have really read anything bad about this scent.. Does anyone agree with me? I think performance wise it's very similar to SOB
Respected Contributor

I haven't tried it yet but all of the reviews that I read found it very lightly scented. Some did find it a bit drying but many were happy with the scent. Hopefully, someone else will respond about this new fall seasonal.

Trusted Contributor

It's a light pear scent to my nose and provides enough moisture for my normal texture color treated hair.

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

I don't smell the menthol and it doesn't smell like a Jolly Rancher to me. That's the thing about scents - they're so personal because we pick up different things. That's why I hated the Fall Apple Spice - all I smelled was maple.

Honored Contributor
On 9/8/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I don't smell the menthol and it doesn't smell like a Jolly Rancher to me. That's the thing about scents - they're so personal because we pick up different things. That's why I hated the Fall Apple Spice - all I smelled was maple.

Although I haven't tried FTP yet, I agree with ChynnaBlue about scents- they are so personal and we all tend to pick up different things from each scent. While some thought FAP smelled like warm apple pie, I too only smelled maple. Chaz said it was the spiciest of the Fall scents but I found FGP to be the spiciest. Scent is a funny thing! That is why I always think people should try it themselves because we all have different interpretations of scents.

Honored Contributor

I get a light sent of fresh Pear, not fake, or kiddy-ish, just light, no spice, no menthol.

Alone it is not quite as much moisture as I like, but mixed with FIG it is good.

The ability to smell is a very individualized sense.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor
So I used it again after work.. And it smells a lot better! I had allergies this morning and I honk my congestion affected my sense of smell. It's pretty close to fresh pears and not as mentholy as I remember.. I'll keep it! Lol
Super Contributor
On 9/8/2014 FluffyBear said: So I used it again after work.. And it smells a lot better! I had allergies this morning and I honk my congestion affected my sense of smell. It's pretty close to fresh pears and not as mentholy as I remember.. I'll keep it! Lol

Sorry, FluffyBear, not laughing at you, but sometimes I think the spell checker has a twisted sense of humor {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 9/8/2014 okiebug said:
On 9/8/2014 FluffyBear said: So I used it again after work.. And it smells a lot better! I had allergies this morning and I honk my congestion affected my sense of smell. It's pretty close to fresh pears and not as mentholy as I remember.. I'll keep it! Lol

Sorry, FluffyBear, not laughing at you, but sometimes I think the spell checker has a twisted sense of humor {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

lol, I thought that was funny too! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} honk honk

Regular Contributor
Happy! I thought of you the second time I used it. I think the moisture level is between SOB and SHP.. Closer to the latter and they mix very well (FTP and SHP).. There's also a nice slip to FTP that I think you'll appreciate