Esteemed Contributor

Wenners, I desperately need your tips on how to use this product.

Prior to Wen, I was a silicone product junkie, so I know how to use them (since I've made every mistake known to man) and I know what to expect from them.

I used this yesterday (2 pumps mixed in with a SAM leave-in). My second day hair, which is usually stellar with or without silicones, was yuk.

The moisture retention was lacking, my curls were deflated, my hair was a dew point from frizz, and I felt some fairy knots!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I use the glossing serum when my hair is completely dry. I use only a half pea size. See, the styling creme IS a glossing serum. I just made a thread about the Bamboo styling creme. It's very different from the others including the 613 one. I find the glossing serum is good for creating a style you want to keep for a few days but I don't use it every day, it can be a bit drying. I feel I don't need to use a lot of products EVERY day. I only use leave in and styling creme every day, that's it. I need to cleanse often because I sweat in my sleep. Always have since I was a kid. I used to use silicone products before Wen but I did not like the way they felt on my hair. Silicone gave my hair an "unnatural" feel. My base regimen is just enough leave in for hydration and styling creme to protect from blow dryer. I don't use high hot setting too. I use medium setting so that I can blow it on my arm and it won't burn, I keep checking on my arm. I'm sure other posters can add their experiences here too. I use ONLY Wen on my hair and people look at it and wonder.....what is she doing to her hair, really. I had this one girl approach me in a supermarket deli line. She just walked up and was outright staring so I turned my head to look at her and I felt a bit flustered as I was about to say, can I help you? She said your hair is PERFECT! What did you do just come out of a salon? I laughed and said no I can't take the credit not can any salon, it's Wen. She said oh yeah I've heard of that, I'm gonna try it. I told her to come to QVC's site. Chaz always says something had to change. I did not buy products like volumizers and such, I would just get these way out deep conditioners that came in a big jar. Some were from Italy, some from South America and the list went on. Salons I would to to because my hair was not hydrated properly but on finding Wen I hit on it. Wow! This is kind of long, sorry. Just reminiscing. I'm sure someone will post more input. I always read the brochure they put in with the Wen items too.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks sjk. I used the glossing serum on wet hair with my leave-in yesterday and on shower damp hair this morning. I didn't use the styling cream.

The shine from the GS was great, but that was it.

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone?

Super Contributor

I use the glossing serum right before I use my hot air brush, so when it's about 80% dry.

It's ironic because I was just thinking about how the GS is one of the Wen products I can't live without - I'd actually probably take it over the VTS if I had to choose one finishing product.

When I first got it I would use it right after I styled my hair, particularly after using the flat iron - two pumps to add some shine and even then it felt weightless.

I don't think the GS should be used on wet hair, personally. It seems like a finishing product and as such performs better on hair that is more dry than not, at least for me, if that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

I wish I had some tips but I haven't had any luck with that product, sorry!

Respected Contributor
I can only use the GS on dry hair. On wet hair it took away the slip and once I dried my hair it was dry dry dry. I use one drop on each side of my head and one to one and a half in the back.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I have 3b curls and use about 1 pump maybe 2 on damp hair but before using the leave in conditioner. When I straighten my hair I use it the same way and when my hair is dry for added shine.

Honored Contributor

HoneyBrown,

Again, our hair is very different, but here goes -

First of all I'm at the start of an experiment based on the WEN site recommendations for my hair, so my cleanser is now - 1 st. 2/3 BGT + 1/3 TT. 2 nd. 2/3 FIG + 1/3 SHP.

NO CC leave in. Right out of shower 1 small pea 613 SC + 1 small pea SHP SC + 1 pump GS. Hair is good, really good, shiny, bouncy, full, & not dry at all.

How long can this last?

*edited to correct typo. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor
I use it on wet hair but after I use my styling cream and volumizing spray, I wrap my hair in a turbie for a bit and then add 2 pumps of the gloss serum. I also use two pumps on dry hair if I get a little frizzy and I always carry a bottle with me just in case. I've been using the glossing serum since it was introduced and I would never be without it.