Respected Contributor

I'm about to try Remoist for the first time. What do you recommend?

I got my BGT Remoist in the kit yesterday. I was going to wash tonight, and apply oils to the scalp and Remoist to the rest, then sleep on it and wash out after my workout yesterday morning. Is that ok? Do you have recs for a better outcome? My hair is fine, but I have quite a bit, so medium fullness. It's color treated and a little longer than shoulder length. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give to this Remoist newbie!! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: I'm about to try Remoist for the first time. What do you recommend?

This is exactly how I use it. I'm a multi-tasker at heart, and I enjoy getting the 2 treatments at once. I get great results leaving them both in at the same time. Enjoy!

Occasional Contributor

I sweat A LOT during my workouts (but I work out at home so don't particularly care about appearances) Do you find the remoist or oils running into your eyes or bothering you during workouts?

Hope it works for you! Please let us know.

Super Contributor

To me, using the oil and Remoist at the same time just doesn't work as well as using them separately. The oil doesn't soak in as well on wet hair and scalp and you lose some of the benefits of the Remoist by having to cleanse it out when you cleanse out the oil.

When I do a Remoist treatment, I cleanse at night, add a little leave in to soaking wet hair, then add about a teaspoon of Remoist and work it in your hair, starting at your ends. Add a little water, maybe a little more Remoist until you feel your hair is fully saturated. I like to put a shower cap on for a while, let it soak a while, then pat a little, put your hair up if you can and sleep on it. You just have to rinse in the morning and put in your usual leave in/sc/mousse.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do the oils and remoist together either. I do an overnight (or longer) oil treatment and then cleanse and apply the remoist treatment overnight. I do workout with the oils in my hair and I never had a problem with oils running if I'm sweating. I feel the heat from working out intensifies the oil treatment.
Respected Contributor

I agree with Okiebug. I never feel like I can massage that oil in to the greatest benefit if my scalp is wet. Oil and water don't mix so I feel there is a barrier. I put a plastic conditioning cap on and go to bed on remoist nights. I did it last night. They are very cheap at Sally.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

Add a splash of water and froth the ReMoist.

I agree with what others said about the oil.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I also don't use the oils and remoist together. I use the oil sometimes as an overnight treatment. I also like adding a small amount of a seasonal oil to just styled hair. It really makes it smell awesome.

Super Contributor

FUTURE - if you are hesitant to use oils in your wet hair - you can always put the Remoist in overnight, then put oils in first thing in the morning and keep them in until after your workout and shower. Just a suggestion.

Respected Contributor

Basically agree with okie, beachie, Kjelle, Honny and susan! I wouldn't cleanse out the ReMoist after treatment, just rinse. But you can treat your scalp with the oils overnight (and then cleanse out) before you do the ReMoist treatment, and you can add oil to the ReMoist to treat your lengths and ends and just rinse out. I like to do oil treatments before my workouts too if I'm going to be cleansing my hair after.