Contributor

Does your Wen seasonal scent attract bees?

I love wearing my seasonal scents as a leave-in conditioner but when I'm at work (school teacher) and I step outside to greet my students, I seem to attract every bee on the playground.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another formula I could use as a leave-in that won't attract the bees as much until the weather cools?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does your Wen seasonal scent attract bees?

LOL, no. There are bees all over by my work and when I walk around the lake where they are at, they never bother me. Plus the scents don't even linger in my hair enough to attract bees, imo. Are you sure it isn't your perfume or body lotion? I wish the scent lingered that much on my hair to attract bees! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

No. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Other factors: body wash, cologne, fabric softener, lotion, etc.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

My front yard looks like the equivalent of a display at the Botanic Gardens, and I also have had this happen to me!

SHP is the main offender, because of the honey, obviously, so I always do a mad dash from my front door to my car to avoid the bees on days when I use it {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Scent seems to hold on to my hair even if it's mild, and I'm just not willing to sacrifice my leave-in for the sake of those stupid bees.

Which scent is causing this problem for you, or is it more than one?

Contributor

On 9/2/2014 ryleighbell94 said:

My front yard looks like the equivalent of a display at the Botanic Gardens, and I also have had this happen to me!

SHP is the main offender, because of the honey, obviously, so I always do a mad dash from my front door to my car to avoid the bees on days when I use it {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Scent seems to hold on to my hair even if it's mild, and I'm just not willing to sacrifice my leave-in for the sake of those stupid bees.

Which scent is causing this problem for you, or is it more than one?

I know a lot of people are not fond of this scent - Fall Apple Spice. I LOVE IT!!!! I know it's my conditioner because I don't wear perfume (except when I receive my 613 perfume soon). I don't want to give it up but I look like a fool out there trying to get away from those bees. I tried to cover it with my TT remoist but no such luck.

Honored Contributor

LOL... I was getting some bees around my head outside and wondered why but I switched to my heavy Menthol scent (that make my eyes water) and no bees...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Q4u said:

LOL... I was getting some bees around my head outside and wondered why but I switched to my heavy Menthol scent (that make my eyes water) and no bees...

Which scent?

Esteemed Contributor

Are bees attracted to honey (SHP)? Or pollen (flowers)?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Are bees attracted to honey (SHP)? Or pollen (flowers)?

this is a rhetorical question, right? Wink

Respected Contributor

Tea Tree will not attract bees.