Honored Contributor

Interesting fact about Manuka honey in the WEN SHP CC

Manuka honey is made from bees that pollinate tea tree plants! Often times, Manuka honey contains much more anti-bacterial properties than other types of honey and has anti-inflammatory properties. Manuka honey is often rated with a UMF number- unique manuka factor-and the higher the number, the more antibacterial properties it contains. I think I read that a rating of 10 or more is ideal in terms of antibacterial properties. I'd love to know what UMF rating WEN's manuka honey contains!

New Contributor

Re: Interesting fact about Manuka honey in the WEN SHP CC

Thank you, HappyDaze! Makes me feel so good about using them! Isn't there honey in the FTP also?

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info, HD. That's great news and makes such sense. Chaz is so knowledgeable about the ingredients he uses. It gives you even more confidence In using the products.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Oh cool! Thanks for the info! Can't wait to use more of SHP!

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze, thank you so much for this great info on manuka honey. Dr. Oz has mentioned that some hospitals use it fro wound treatment, so I've always thought that it must be a great skin care ingredient. I'm so glad that it has been included in the SOB and SHP CC (which are two of my favorite CCs).

btw, I finally tracked down peppermint stick ice cream in a far away ice cream stand where I used to buy ice cream when I was a kid. Fifty years ago -- before Ben & Jerry, Steves's, Haagen Daz and Baskin & Robbins -- they were selling exotic flavors like blueberry and bubble gum. I was with my mom and we were reminiscing. Sh said the ice cream stand was still there… and, low and behold, they had peppermint stick ice cream!!! It was soooo good, just like I remembered it. I'd send you some but with this hot and muggy weather it don't think it would stand much of a chance. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I just hope it's bad bacteria it kills. Not to sour grape because I love Wen and use them all. I trust Chaz makes sure all ingredients are right.

Honored Contributor

There was a big article about honey on my Sunday paper - talked a bout how healthy honey is for all of us. The darker the honey the more antioxidants in it.

Use honey instead of regular white OVER processed sugar. Even raw sugar and agave is better for you. The darker the raw sugar the better for you.

Valued Contributor

On 8/31/2014 bebe777 said:

HappyDaze, thank you so much for this great info on manuka honey. Dr. Oz has mentioned that some hospitals use it fro wound treatment, so I've always thought that it must be a great skin care ingredient. I'm so glad that it has been included in the SOB and SHP CC (which are two of my favorite CCs).

I don't think SOB has honey in it. I have not tried SHP yet but ordered it yesterday based on the great raves. Since I have SOB and like it I wondered is it because of the honey but I checked the ingredients and did not find any honey listed. Anywho, can't wait to try the SHP.

Valued Contributor

Cool, that's a neat fun fact. Thanks HD. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 jazzbabe said:
On 8/31/2014 bebe777 said:

I don't think SOB has honey in it. I have not tried SHP yet but ordered it yesterday based on the great raves. Since I have SOB and like it I wondered is it because of the honey but I checked the ingredients and did not find any honey listed. Anywho, can't wait to try the SHP.

Yes I think you are right- I do not think SOB has honey in it. I believe SHP was the first to include it in the formula.

I hope you love SHP's performance!