Valued Contributor

Most moisturizing seasonals?

My DH has natural curly, course, dry hair. Fig has been great and has changed his hair for the better. I know that the 1st or 2nd ingredient in Fig is glycerin which is at least partly responsible for imparting moisture. If he wanted to switch to the seasonals could anyone tell me what if any seasonals contain glycerin. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Most moisturizing seasonals?

I've tried Summer mango coconut, spring gardenia, fall ginger pumpkin, winter vanilla mint, fall apple spice and summer honey peach seasonals (not sure if I missed one). My hair loves and needs moisture. For me, out of those I've tried, the summer honey peach was the most moisturizing and closest to fig except that it is easier to rinse out than fig (the consistency of SHP is lighter than fig but the moisture is insane). It does contain glycerin but not as high up as in fig but the honey in the SHP more than makes up for it. Honey is very moisturizing.

Valued Contributor

Thank you HappyDaze,

That is a big help. I will have him try some of those.

Respected Contributor

I think SHP is the most moisturizing so far, however, the ingredient is FTP hydroxypropltrimonium honey, is not strictly a honey but a honey derivative that some have described as Super Glycerin. It also has the honey complex that SHP has, so you might want to see what people think of it when it arrives.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

My DH has the same hair as your DH does. Although, S/B is not a seasonal, this kid's formula is his favorite. He thinks it is more moisturizing than Fig. My DH cleanses his hair everyday with Wen except for once a week when he uses a regular shampoo and conditioner.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely SHP!!!

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 DogLvr said:

My DH has the same hair as your DH does. Although, S/B is not a seasonal, this kid's formula is his favorite. He thinks it is more moisturizing than Fig. My DH cleanses his hair everyday with Wen except for once a week when he uses a regular shampoo and conditioner.

I haven't tried fig yet but I agree that kids strawberry banana is very moisturizing. I like my hair after SB more than SHP

Valued Contributor

I think FAS is moisturizing. I love it for my curly hair. SHP is great also like the others said.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much everyone for all your help. Just one question...Is SB and S/B Summer Orange Blossom?

Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Thank you so much everyone for all your help. Just one question...Is SB and S/B Summer Orange Blossom?

No, I think they're referring to Wen Kids Strawberry Banana. Most people use SOB for Spring Orange Blossom.