Regular Contributor

Did chaz say he could apply glossing and finishing up to 75 times a day ?

Did I get that right ? Two pumps glossing a pea size finishing 5 sprays volumizing I tried it once this morning and my hair feels and looks dirty. Glossing drops are heavy. What am I doing wrong ? Maybe his models just have such crazy thick hair he can do it v
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did chaz say he could apply glossing and finishing up to 75 times a day ?

lol I am a dedicated WEN gal since Chaz first came to the Q but my hair never works the way he says it should no matter how closely I follow directions.

But I still love ,love, love my WEN hair, even though it is so much more work to do now, than when I used shampoo

p.s. volumizing spray dulls my hair, and last night I used a really tiny drop of the glossing cream, that I usually don't use any more,but Chaz was on so I did.on my ends, , and it immediately became greasy looking,so today it is up in a pony tail....lol and i'll be washing it AGAIN,tonite {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

LOL!!!!! He said he uses it up to 75 times a day in his salon! Not on one head.

The glossing serum is silicone based. Silicones are synthetic oils, so a little goes a long way. You are probably using too much.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

He said that he can do that during a commercial shoot or maybe at the salon (I could be confused). Maybe the lights and everything are drying. I don't think that would work during a normal day. I use 2 pumps of the glossing serum with my styling creme, but when I skip it, I don't miss it. Once I am done with my last bottle, I probably will not buy again.
Respected Contributor

I tried it with a pea size of FTC, 1 pump of serum, and 3 sprays of VTS. It worked great for me. I have chin length layered hair that is very thick and fine textured. I think with this, just like everything else, you have to experiment to see what works for you.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 mom4321 said: Did I get that right ? Two pumps glossing a pea size finishing 5 sprays volumizing I tried it once this morning and my hair feels and looks dirty. Glossing drops are heavy. What am I doing wrong ? Maybe his models just have such crazy thick hair he can do it v

You need to adjust your amounts for your hair type, thickness, amount, etc. Yesterday afternoon, I was watching and Chaz said to add 2 pumps of the Glossing Serum to the leave-in conditioner (whatever your preferred amount is). Apply in the ponytail section of your hair. Then take a pump of Styling Cream (more or less, depending on your hair) and add 5 spritzes of the Volumizing Treatment Spray to that. Mix them in your hand and apply, from the bottom up. Never flat palm anything on the top of your head. After your done applying the SC/VTS mixture to the ponytail of your hair, rake whatever might be left on your fingers through the top of your hair. Your styling products always go on wet hair. And remember that less is better than more....just the opposite of how much cleansing conditioner to use.

My hair is fine, modestly thick, and long. This morning I used a mix of TT and SGGT for my first cleanse and a mix of BGT, SOB, and 613 for my second cleanse. My leave-in was either BGT or the SOB (can't remember). I added 2 pumps of GS to the leave-in and applied as he said, then followed up with some 613 SC and Pom VTS. It worked really well for me, my hair is clean, soft, and no frizzies.

Esteemed Contributor

JLF and Hilary, thank your for the info!!!!!!

I'm in the habit of using my fingers to shingle product through my hair, but why should you not flat palm on the crown?

Honored Contributor

HonnyBrown,

Because that would put too much SC on the crown which would weight down where many of us want lift. Mousse is the opposite, most goes on crown, less on ends. At least that's what I heard him explain once. I'm only a 1 year user, and not an expert.

Best to you & happy Wenning!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

You have to be careful because too much can be no good. He does this technique in his salon and he's styling people's hair. I don't feel it's good to do that every day unless you have this high end job that requires very high end attire and hair done up. Chaz says first you put in your leave in, then one pump of styling creme in your and with five spritzes of volumizer and rub hands together and apply to hair. You can also mix two pumps of gloss with leave in. There are all different combinations. My hair is very long and a decent amount and I only need a half pea size of gloss or else my hair gets too weighed down. I feel less is more. All his products are excellent but like I mentioned I would not use a lot of product every time I cleansed. I cleanse almost every day because I'm comfortable with that. I only use leave in and styling creme and when I'm done blow drying I take a half pea size of gloss and apply in my hair, rake and twist it in, I mean a tiny amount. You can't believe how far this product goes. A tiny bit does my whole head. Too much product can build up and I was doing that but I did not shampoo. I just slowed down on the fancy ones and just use my Wen cleansing conditioner and styling creme and a wee bit of gloss. I use the gloss for taming fly aways. I don't need it for shine because the Wen itself imparts a deep luster to my hair. Boy, what a long post!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Drythe said:

HonnyBrown,

Because that would put too much SC on the crown which would weight down where many of us want lift. Mousse is the opposite, most goes on crown, less on ends. At least that's what I heard him explain once. I'm only a 1 year user, and not an expert.

Best to you & happy Wenning!

Thank you, Drythe, that makes perfect sense.

My fingers are still crossed for your 613 oil!