Occasional Contributor
I purchased yesterday's TSV in the lavender but now I'm wondering if I made the right choice. SAM is to heavy for my hair, weighs it down and is to "soft" to hold my short, layered bob style. Is Lav a better choice or is there an even better one out there. I have good luck w the seasonals but this seems like such a good deal. My horse is healthy with just a bit of breakage on top (before I started using WEN). Thanks
Respected Contributor

I didn't like lavender since it was drying for my hair. Although, it is too late for this order, if you decide that you don't like the lavender you should try another formula. Go to the Chaz Dean site and take the recommender quiz. I found this to give me the results of what I use on my hair most often.

I ordered the lavender for last year's tsv and found it very drying. I just mixed it with other formulas and that worked for me.

Valued Contributor

Having used both of the above mentioned cleansers, I will share my experiences. Started out with SAM as most of us have...am finishing some up now as my first cleanse. The Lavender was good but not my favorite scent.

Also have used the Cucumber and the Pom cleanser. Pom was nice.

But now I have found my true love in the Bamboo Green Tea....got the gallon size on auto-delivery and will be trying my first Seasonal....the new pear.

With so many choices, it is hard to find the right one. Trial and error seems to be what works for most.

I have started using the Tea Tree oil and that has been wonderful for my fine long hair. I use it as a treatment at night once a week or so and add a few drops to my styling cream. My natural waves (thanks, Dad!) are so beautiful now. The tea tree helps keep the frizz down in this humid weather we have been having. It also is a great hair growth stimulant I have read.

Hope this has helped you some....good luck! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
I love Lavender and Tea Tree. I do not find the Lav drying and I like it more than the SAM. The Lav is lighter and gives more volume.
Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of lavender -- too drying for me and I don't care for the scent, but I have no problem with SAM. You might like POM as that is a soy formula as are the seasonals and it is considered universal.

Valued Contributor

LAV is good to try. If your hair is soft, Lav may be less moisturizing than others and give a good result.

I used to consider LAV my go to, it does give good volume and made my hair shiny, but lately its been too dry for my ends. I am now using another cleanser for my second cleanse and it still is great. I am using more POM and seasonals now which seem better for me. My hair is fine and curly and was very thin before, but is now thicker and a bit longer, thanks to WEN and I think the biotin I have been taking faithfully for several months now. Although I thought my hair was dry, Fig was a no go, too much frizz.

I know my experience may not be at all helpful. I think that Lav is worth trying for you. Not everybody finds it drying.

SAM was very drying for me, its my least favorite, performance wise.

Valued Contributor
I get the most body and control from TT. It really is a great CC if your not sure. A lot of Wenners use it in some way, shape, or form. But I really get great results with it!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Contributor

I have the lavender and yes also drying for my hair, but I love the body...I ordered the Fig and I am planning on mixing the two....I will let you know, and yes, seems trial and error...

HTH~

Super Contributor

I started using WEN with SAM, but I used the Lavender alone for years and love it. I now use tea tree for my first cleanse and because of a bad color job that left my hair very dry and over-processed, I started using fig alternating with lavender. I am just now going back to SAM instead of the fig because my hair has repaired enough. Based solely on my experience, SAM is more moisturizing than lavender and if you don't need the moisture could cause your hair to become too soft. Lavender may be a good fit for you because it does add volume. It's certainly worth trying.

Occasional Contributor

LOVE Lavender, my favorite. My hair is dry to normal and it doesn't dry

my hair at all. I don't find that SAM is more moisturizing. Also,

find that scent doesn't stick around which I like.