Regular Contributor
I have a question for the WEN ladies. I am thinking of going gray. Long gray hair. I'm 50 and very active and I see it as a fashion statement. What do you think?
Respected Contributor
It could be stunning! Go for it, just get a good colourist. Picking the shade is key. If you are talking natural gray and is consistent gray throughout it will be great. And so much cheaper to deal with.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Since you asked, I think it is aging, or go short if you want to do grey.

I think save the grey for when we are much older

Honored Contributor

I don't see it as a fashion statement when you are 50....when you are 25, yes.

Going gray when you are 50 is a natural progression of aging.

BTW - I think Chaz has special info on using WEN with gray hair...I think he said to use products to cut down on yellowing build up.

Does anyone recall what Chaz recommended?

Super Contributor

Go grey and long it will be stunning. Do what you want and what makes you happy.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/30/2014 terrier3 said:

BTW - I think Chaz has special info on using WEN with gray hair...I think he said to use products to cut down on yellowing build up.

I think he recommends using Tea Tree for white hair, since the essential oils are not yellowing.

Contributor
DoxieMomma...go for it! I stopped coloring my long, hair in January. As an athletic, 41 year old, mom of three little girls, I find embracing my grays empowering. I am all for hair coloring (I just got the last bits of pink cut off of my ends), but I felt this is the way I want to go right now. I can always go back to coloring it. Using WEN gave me an extra shot of courage, too.
Honored Contributor
On 8/30/2014 DoxieMomma said:

I think he recommends using Tea Tree for white hair, since the essential oils are not yellowing.

Thanks...I think he also said to use a product that will add "blue" and counteract yellow.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/30/2014 DoxieMomma said:

Thanks...I think he also said to use a product that will add "blue" and counteract yellow.

He may have, I'm not sure about that. I just remembering hearing that Tea Tree was recommended for white hair. I'm in my early 30s, no sign of grey yet, so I didn't pay close attention :-)

Trusted Contributor

I started a thread a bit ago regarding my husband who has white hair. The posters recommended Tea Tree and he has been using it. Does make a difference. BTW, he started going grey at 18.