Super Contributor

Clarifying Shampoo + ReMoist = Heaven!

Hi all!

I'm sure some of you read the title of this post and gasped in horror at the concept of using shampoo, but hopefully I've caught your attention Cool

I use Wen pretty much every day of the week, in a wide array of flavors.

However, every Sunday I like to use a clarifying shampoo to sort of "erase" my hair's "memory," and follow it up with a ReMoist treatment.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe the results!

I had been using ReMoist after cleansing with CC, but I couldn't really feel the difference since the CC already left my hair feeling super healthy.

I then got the idea to do it after using Bumble and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo and the results are amazing! I have left the ReMoist on from as little as 5 minutes to as long as 24 hours, and the results blow me out of the water every time.

My hair already looked amazing with CC, but this routine takes it to the next level - the amount of body, shine, movement, and softness is divine. My hair feels the way it did when I was a little girl (you know kids have that impossibly flawless hair)!

I know most of you have sworn off shampoo with the exception of times when your hair "revolts" against Wen, as HonnyBrown so eloquently put it. Personally I use clarifying shampoo not to get rid of product build-up, but rather to give my hair a fresh start once a week, as well as to clear any residue from hard water, which is an issue where I live.

If you aren't seeing the results you've hoped for with ReMoist, I highly recommend trying it out after using a clarifying shampoo! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

Re: Clarifying Shampoo + ReMoist = Heaven!

I may be the lone voice in the wilderness agreeing with you, since as you stated, the shampoo thing may horrify some of the ladies; but I do exactly the same thing. I find that my hair does not do well with too many " layers" of stuff coating it, so I use Giovanni Moisturizing and Clarifying Shampoo, probably every other time I cleanse, which is every 2 days. I do the shampoo and remoist thing every week, just like you do, and I agree-- it is like rebooting your hair. I had given up on Wen a few times before I decided to do the forbidden shampoo thing (I had lots of previously bought Wen that I didn't want to waste), and I can say now that my hair has never looked better or been healthier. So maybe the ladies who say that Wen does not work for them at all should try this method; and just think, if you use it only as conditioner sometimes, Wen becomes much more affordable.
Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Evangeline said: I may be the lone voice in the wilderness agreeing with you, since as you stated, the shampoo thing may horrify some of the ladies; but I do exactly the same thing. I find that my hair does not do well with too many " layers" of stuff coating it, so I use Giovanni Moisturizing and Clarifying Shampoo, probably every other time I cleanse, which is every 2 days. I do the shampoo and remoist thing every week, just like you do, and I agree-- it is like rebooting your hair. I had given up on Wen a few times before I decided to do the forbidden shampoo thing (I had lots of previously bought Wen that I didn't want to waste), and I can say now that my hair has never looked better or been healthier. So maybe the ladies who say that Wen does not work for them at all should try this method; and just think, if you use it only as conditioner sometimes, Wen becomes much more affordable.

Couldn't agree more with the affordability aspect - I actually alternate Wen out on occasion with Pureology's Strength Cure shampoo just to make my Wen last longer.

I feel like my hair is reborn every week when I clarify - even the CC has better results when I use it for the next wash!

Contributor

I too shampoo once a week to restart my hair and it does look great. I'm glad I'm not the only one who aka ""cheats on Wen"" every week.
Occasional Contributor

This is a really interesting concept. I'm gonna try it! If I like it, I might add it into my routine every once and a while. Additionally, it might help me to use up some of my leftover shampoos, which is a bonus. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Thanks for the tip!

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 syrena said:

This is a really interesting concept. I'm gonna try it! If I like it, I might add it into my routine every once and a while. Additionally, it might help me to use up some of my leftover shampoos, which is a bonus. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Thanks for the tip!

Another thing I forgot to mention is how much doing this has revamped my color - I have naturally fine, bright red hair which has a tendency to look dull regardless of what I use, but doing this once a week really brings it back to life!

I have SO many leftover shampoos from my pre-Wen days, but ironically the only one I use for this purpose is the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo (if you've never used a clarifying shampoo before, this guy is the Rolls Royce in that category).

Do tell us how it works - try using a shampoo with sulphates (yes, I said it) since those tend to be the most clarifying.

Good luck! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Ryleigh, I am so glad you found what works!

I love how my shampooed hair reacted to all of my Wen products. So far, my plan is to shampoo twice a year with Pantene Curly.

Regarding ReMoist, add a splash of water. That was like chocolate and peanut butter for me!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I get my hair cut every 8 weeks, and my stylist uses shampoo. It really does feel like a "reboot", especially if I go home and do a Re-moist treatment!

Super Contributor

I have done this about once a month, but not with Remoist, but now since I'll have more RM from the TSV I may start doing this every 2 weeks!

Respected Contributor

This isn't surprising at all. Many other Wenners have posted similar thoughts about using regular shampoo occasionally, when their hair needs it. Nothing wrong with trying this if it is going to give you better results.

I also have my hair shampooed when I go to my hairdresser. It is inconvenient for me to carry my Wen.