Valued Contributor

Hi all. I am excited to try the fall seasonals for the first time. I am thinking about getting all 3, but I know that many of you didn't care for the FAS. Is it worth trying or should I skip it and just get the FTP and FGP? Thanks for your opinions.

Valued Contributor
I found that the RTM for the FAS had a very strong smell, but the CC I found to be mild and loved the way my hair and skin reacted to it. I think it's a personal preference. I have no idea about the other two.
Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor

Many Wenners really liked the fall apple spice but I really couldn't use it. It gave me a headache, even when I tried mixing it with other formulas. I gave it to a friend who uses Wen. It was the only Wen formula that I couldn't use. I have only been using Wen since July, 2013, but have tried a lot of the formulas. I bought some of the travel size packets so that I could try some of the formulas that I hadn't used yet.

I won't order the pumpkin formula since I really dislike spicy body products. I don't think I would like it.

Valued Contributor

I understand that they will be offering both the 16oz as well as the 32oz in the Fall seasonals. While I don't see them on the Q now, they may be coming later for his show. This may be a better choice since you are not familiar with the scents. Some loved FAS, some hated it. It really is a personal preference. However, lots of people agreed that the performance was amazing.

I say... Go for it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I like the FAS, but overbought and want to thin out my stash. I'd happily sell you a bottle of mine. Leave me your email address, if you're interested.

Valued Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch, you are one awesome lady. Smile

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 w84WEN said:

JeanLouiseFinch, you are one awesome lady. Smile

Awe, so sweet of you to say that. Thank you! Kiss

Trusted Contributor

Personally, I would be apprehensive about ordering a 32 oz size of something that I hadn't tried before (especially if you're considering all three fall formulas). Maybe the 16 oz would be a more practical option (but practical isn't very fun, right?!?!).

I was ambivalent about the scent of Fall Ginger Pumpkin, but, of course, many people loved both the scent and performance. I can't use FGP, it caused my scalp to break out in itchy red bumps. I used one 16 oz bottle (on the length of my hair) and sold the rest (that were included in TSVs). So, FGP is a "no go" for me.

Last year, I only ordered Fall Apple Spice so that I could be locked into the seasonal Auto Delivery. I didn't think I would be able to use it (since the spice extracts in FGP didn't agree with me). Surprisingly, I loved the formula and had no adverse reactions to it! The scent is very strong, and not very accurately named, lol. To me, it's very heavy on the maple and spice, but light on the apple. When I sniff it straight in the bottle, it's almost nauseatingly strong. But, when I cleanse with it, I really like the smell. My favorite way is a first cleanse of Tea Tree, second cleanse FAS, using it as a leave in with TT styling cream. I do find that the scent lingers longer than any other CC, but it's more appley, not maple. The performance was awesome, gave me the perfect amount of volume and moisture, plus amazing shine. I'm excited to get more this fall!

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I like the results of Fall Apple Spice, but I don't care for the scent! I'm using up my last one now...it's the only WEN I use to shave my legs, too, just in an effort to use it up faster. What I really don't like is that the scent lingers way too long. I've washed my hands 2-3 times since I used it at 7 this morning (just on my legs today) and I can still smell it!

Respected Contributor

I've used both fall formulas, and while I like both scents, the FAS was just heavy and moisturizing enough to leave my hair limp and stringy. The FGP is not quite as moisturizing, but still heavier on my hair than WVM, WCM, SOB or SHP, so I use it the day after I've heat-styled to replenish my hair. SMC was also too heavy for my hair, SGGT was not moisturizing enough. So, depending on how much moisture you need from a CC, you can tailor your choice. I am hoping the FTP is similar to SHP in moisture, no heavier, so I'm trying it, as I have a good stash of FGP. Oh, and I liked the fragrance of the FAS, just not the results. Results trump fragrance for me, so long as I'm not actually allergic (Lav, for example). HTH!