Super Contributor
I am thinking about trying FIG however I am a bit worried about the scent. How bad is it? My son has a Korres fig shower gel while it's not my favorite I don't mind the smell. If anyone has both is the wen similar?
Esteemed Contributor

Fig is awful to me, but not intolerable. The benefits make it worth using. For the first few months, I held my breath when I used it. Now, it's grown on me.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, it's awful, it smells like cherry cough syrup. I doubt the Korres shower gel has menthol in it which is what gives the Fig CC the cough syrup smell. Figs smell great on their own. The problem isn't the figs themselves. I still used it for over a year as my second cleanse most of the time. Now that I don't need that level of moisture as much I just use it occasionally.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor
I'm not crazy about the smell, I don't think it is as strong as POM ( which I like). I usually use POM and FIG together (FIG in the ponytail). It is ok.
Respected Contributor

The smell doesn't bother me, although, I don't need to use it all of the time. I just use it occasionally, when I need the additional moisture. I would imagine that I am like most Wenners and have a variety of Wen cc's and use different formulas depending on my hair needs. Even when I used regular shampoo and conditioner, I had a couple of different selections in my shower and used different formulas depending on my hair needs.

Respected Contributor
Fig and Pom smell very similar to me. Fig has a sweeter scent than Pom. Pom is a little more tart, if that makes sense. I also smell the menthol a little more in the fig. It does smell a little like cherry cough syrup, but it smells okay to me.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

I didn't purchase Fig for the longest time because of the smell. Now that I have it, I cannot even notice it anymore. I sometimes add a pump of TT for the benefits and I really like it that way. I agree with others. The benefits are fantastic and could be easily used with a pump or two of something you enjoy. (TT, 613, BGT)

Honored Contributor

Yes, the Fig does have that cough syrup smell, but after a couple of uses, I began to like it...kind of an aromatherapy thing while cleansing your hair. I used to use the Fig only around the time I'd get a color service and/or highlights, but now I'm using it a little more often.

Regular Contributor

I didn't mind the smell. Not my favorite in terms of scent or performance but I don't recall the scent being overly strong or unpleasant. Now the TT, on the other hand......{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely LOVE the smell of the Fig. Not everybody does though, as you can see by other people's comments. Some people say it smells like cherry cough syrup but I disagree. It's very pungent, so if you don't care for strong scents than you'll want to steer clear of the Fig. The Pomegranate is similar in smell but not as pungent, so that could be a good alternative choice for you.