Regular Contributor

Skipped the styling cream today and i have so much

More volume. Hmmmmm
Trusted Contributor

Re: Skipped the styling cream today and i have so much

A ha! I've never understood the use of the styling creme. It just made my hair look dirty, and provided no noticeable styling benefit. I did discover by accident that massaging in a small amount of the finishing treatment creme on wet hair does give more volume.

Regular Contributor

That is weird. I have thick, very straight hair & when I forget to use SC, I can really tell in a bad way. I love using a but of SC on my dry hair too for volume. Interesting.
Respected Contributor

I like the styling creme. Before Wen I had always used similar products so I find this a necessary step. Can't say that I always need mousse though. I also like the finishing treatment creme but don't use it everyday.

Regular Contributor

Styling creme is an absolute must for me....keeps my volume, but leaves my hair silky and calms any frizzes.... 8 yrs ago, I was afraid to take the full wen plunge...started with the styling creme and I was hooked!
Respected Contributor

I have to use the styling creme or my hair starts feeling dry. I think the styling creme helps to lock the moisture into my hair. If you want to use the styling creme, but don't want your hair to be weighed down, try using a small amount of cucumber aloe or lavender styling creme. They are the lightest formulas. Make sure to focus on the ends and work it up towards the midshaft. Hope this helps.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

I no longer use WEN, but I still use his styling cream. But the wetter, the better. As I'm wringing out my hair is when I'm applying it.

Esteemed Contributor

If I don't use the styling cream my hair doesn't hold the curl as well and it also looks a bit dry. I found I do not need the mousse at all...but since I still have some product left I will use it up.

I read on the boards about applying the styling cream to wet hair in the shower and I've actually had really great results w/ that method. In fact, the more I use of the cream the better the curl holds. I make sure to keep it to mid shaft and use about 2-3 pumps. I do have long hair...and lots of hair...but it's fine hair not thick.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Okay, here's my two cents....I blow dry my hair every time I cleanse (almost every day) I don't feel comfortable not washing my head in the shower. Now, if I'm trying to hold on to a certain style or if I'm really pressed for time I'll skip one day but I must have my styling creme. I use two pumps of leave in and two pumps of styling creme and it comes out really nice. It sort of protects the hair from the dryer. I don't use a high hot setting. I use a medium heat high fan setting and I "keep it moving" like Chaz says so I don't burn it. If your hair is satisfactory without it then that's okay too.

Regular Contributor

Ive never thought it really did anything for my hair one way or the other but skipping it has made my hair feel cleaner and I can go a day longer between washing. I have no idea why. Maybe I just needed a break from it for awhile