Valued Contributor

Cleansing Conditioner Recommender at Chaz site

All I can say is that I was really surprised that the best option recommended for my hair type was the POM. I really did not expect it. I was sure that the top choice would be the TT followed by the LAV or even SAM. Have any of you tried the recommender tool? Were you surprised by the results?
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

Re: Cleansing Conditioner Recommender at Chaz site

me! it didn't recommend tea tree for me which i thought was funny since it's my all-time favorite formula and the info i entered surely would indicate that i need it. it recommended summer honey peach and i think fig (but that was the third recommendation. again, funny-- my hair is dry and fig is my number two formula). can't remember what the other thing it recommended was but i don't think it's one i use. probably pom, as i think it was something else universal, but i can't use pom. i love the smell but it doesn't work for me. luckily, i was just using it for fun and i already know what works for me. and it wasn't totally wrong. i love fig and i can use shp. i'd be pretty sad if i were just starting out and shp was recommended and i fell in love with it and then found out i could only get it for 3 months/until the wen for all seasons comes out.

Valued Contributor

I remembered that I had beautiful results with POM, but never got it again, because I prefer the scent of SAM and LAV, which also work well for my hair. I'm planning on ordering it again for the TSV with the TT, which is now one of my favorites. I was just surprised that neither the TT, SAM or LAV were in the choices. The top was POM, followed by SHP and BGT.
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

i guess it makes sense because all three of those are supposed to be universal and the shp is seasonal, so of course they are going to push that. but it's funny to me that tt isn't included since most of us wenners and team wen do feel that it is universal. and since you can enter that you have coarse hair and dandruff like issues...i definitely thought that would warrant a tt rec. but maybe the default is to recommend the most universal formulas in order to increase the likelihood of benefitting the broadest audience? better to get good results with a formula and then encourage people to experiment more once they are satisfied with the brand than to risk not getting it right and then maybe people not coming back?

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting this! I had no idea Chaz had a product recommender on his website! I've know fig is the best for my dry hair but I really dislike the smell but I didn't know what else I could use! So I went on the product recommender and it said Best: fig...hate the smell Better: summer honey peach...not a tsv choice Good: bamboo green tea So I'm going to give BGT a try...hoping for the best! I want to take advantage of the great deal the tsv is!
Respected Contributor

It recommended lavender, cucumber aloe, and Pom for my hair. I like lavender and Pom, but cucumber aloe never seems to give my hair enough moisture. I do like to use it occasionally after an oil treatment. It does leave my hair feeling light. My hair gets weighed down easily when I use the heavier cc's.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for this thread. I just completed this and it gave me summer honey peach, POM and SAM, in this order. I use all of these formulas so it wasn't really surprising.

Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 mommy4 said: Thank you for posting this! I had no idea Chaz had a product recommender on his website! I've know fig is the best for my dry hair but I really dislike the smell but I didn't know what else I could use! So I went on the product recommender and it said Best: fig...hate the smell Better: summer honey peach...not a tsv choice Good: bamboo green tea So I'm going to give BGT a try...hoping for the best! I want to take advantage of the great deal the tsv is!
You Are welcome and thanks for the feedback. I think it's a neat tool. I would not had reconsider POM without it. Now it's on my wish listSmiley Wink
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Hilary77 said: It recommended lavender, cucumber aloe, and Pom for my hair. I like lavender and Pom, but cucumber aloe never seems to give my hair enough moisture. I do like to use it occasionally after an oil treatment. It does leave my hair feeling light. My hair gets weighed down easily when I use the heavier cc's.
I love LAV. I though for sure it would be one of the choices for me since I answered I had fine hair and wanted volume, who knew?
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 susan25 said:

Thanks for this thread. I just completed this and it gave me summer honey peach, POM and SAM, in this order. I use all of these formulas so it wasn't really surprising.

You are welcome. Thanks for answering my question. Smiley Happy
Formally NewtoWen