Contributor

This may be a stupid question but what's the difference between a cc that moisturizes and one that hydrates? I always that the words were the same. I'm new and have been using a mix of the TT and SAM duo. My hair is fine, very wavy (after "maturing"), gray and very fine on top to where my scalp is really visible.

The cc's that I'm using leave my hair soft and I cleanse every other day. It has some frizz and on days when the humidity is high its really frizzy. I know I need the sc and some other products and am planning on getting a couple of the TSV's but not sure of what scent and what the difference is between the moisturizing or hydrating.

Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

Hi There, your question is not stupid, actually it's a very good point you brought out that never occurred to me. My guess is that moisture may mean moisture on the hair superficially but hydration may mean moisture absorbed into the hair. If you're thinning, then Tea Tree is really good for that, Chaz would probably say stay with it and use the Tea Tree oil at night. Just use the dropper and apply it to scalp and massage it in. I use the oils and I don't need anything to cover my head, it doesn't rub off. Don't feel bad, on very humid days I get frizz too. I use the replenishing spritzer to try to tame it. Remember curly/wavy hair will tend to frizz way more than straight hair. The styling creme....I think it's the oils that are in them that make them heavier than the others. I believe Sweet Almond Mint is for coarse hair and Pomegranate is middle of the road, Cucumber and Lavender are lighter. As far as any tsv, I feel it's just a matter of preference. I have hair that's just about to my waist, I don't color, it's wavy and turning platinum and I use any one I choose. You really can't make a mistake it's just make sure you really use enough to cleanse and if your hair is fine not too much leave in and not too much styling creme. I'm sure other posters can add their thoughts. I learn by trial and error. I've used Wen for four years and it really does make hair stronger and imparts deep shine, it really is remarkable. Women of color don't have to use chemicals too, they only need to add enough leave in and styling creme and their curls will be bouncy and soft and not dry. I hope this helps. On QVC's site, you know, where the Wen stuff is, next to each item (most of them) there is a link video just click there and you get the little video where Chaz is showing the item. Good luck, my friend.

Respected Contributor

I always thought "moisturize" and "hydrate" meant the same thing, too!

A 2nd vote from me for the Replenishing Treatment Mist to help with frizz. I like to spritz 5-6 times into my hands (chin-length, thick hair) rub them together, then smooth my hands over my hair and run them through it to distribute. It really does help with my frizzies! I live in a high-humidity area in SC.

Frequent Contributor

I do not think there is a difference between the two words. (I am an English teacher, for whatever that's worth in this situation. lol)

Honored Contributor

I think they mean the same thing. There is no difference.

Honored Contributor

I use them interchangeably and, from what I can tell, so does Chaz.

My hair is naturally frizzy. I do not buy Chaz's line that hair is only frizzy because of shampoo. Wavy hair is naturally frizzy with or without shampoo. I've been using WEN for nearly 5 years now and still get frizz. I use wavy-curly hair specific styling products to beat the frizz, especially in humidity.

Curl Keeper, by Curly Hair Solutions is my favorite. The other morning it was 80 degrees with 91% humidity and my hair was fine. I also like Climate Control gel, by Ouidad, and Moisture Lock, by DevaCurl. I've tried all of the WEN styling products, multiple bottles of most of them, and none of them worked as well on my wavy/curly hair as the curly-specific products do.

Respected Contributor

Yes I think they are used interchangeably, although if your hair needs hydration, it doesn't need oil it needs water. Similar to the rest of the body. If you are thirsty, you drink water not oil so that's why I tend not to use so much oil on the hair itself and save it for conditioning the scalp.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I suggested the Tea Tree oil because Chaz says you need a healthy scalp to grow decent hair and I think that's true. When our hair grows it gets a spurt of color and a spurt of oil, now depending on the ethnic background how much oil. Too much water can dry out hair especially if it's hard water which happens to my hair with this hard water we have. If hair can absorb those coloring agents it can absorb oil. Oil is more for the scalp that's why we make it ourselves. Too much is no good, moderation is always a good thing. I agree with the poster that said they still get frizz. I've seen posts that Chaz posted where the person still had some frizz albeit they just got their hair done. Curly/wavy hair does tend to frizz, no gettin' around it. My sister has pin straight hair and I don't. (go figure){#emotions_dlg.bored} so frustrating for me. I, on the other hand have natural gigantic eye lashes which I could care less about and she always wanted. Grass is always greener. I now and then think about a Brazilian blow out but it's sooo damaging. I know a girl that gets them and her hair is perfect but she had to eventually cut it from down her back up to her shoulders from the damage. I don't know, maybe Chaz can come out with this ground breaking thing where you use it and your hair just goes bluey and there's now frizz!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Moist could mean some moisture whereas hydrated could mean more deeply infused with moisture. They can be different if you want to split hairs, no pun intended{#emotions_dlg.lol}!

Contributor

Thanks ladies, I thought they were interchangeable also; just seemed confusing as some stated they provide moisture and some provide hydration.

Sjk73, I plan on getting the TT oil. My hair always had a natural wave and really showed if it were short otherwise it was poker straight and even a perm was lucky to stay 2 months. But now since hormones have kicked in and I've fully matured, it's gone to very wavy in some areas and curly in some.