Honored Contributor

okay one last time regarding the WEN mousse

I am thisclose to completely giving up on the mousse for my hair- nothing works and I've tried almost everything and everywhich way. But one last chance, lol.

So, for those that use the mousse and air dry, after you apply the mousse to wet hair, do you comb your hair or do you leave it alone and let it dry? It seems if I comb through it, it doesn't keep the waves unless I twist it up and keep it twisted until it dries.

TIA!

Frequent Contributor

Re: okay one last time regarding the WEN mousse

I comb my hair out with a wide-tooth comb, then apply the mousse. I usually section it off and finger curl each section. I let my hair air dry, then gently seperate the curls. This method works best for me.

Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 va603 said:

I comb my hair out with a wide-tooth comb, then apply the mousse. I usually section it off and finger curl each section. I let my hair air dry, then gently seperate the curls. This method works best for me.

okay this is what I was thinking of trying. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

When air drying, I apply leave in, then styling cream, then mousse. I use my fingers to comb my hair after applying the SC, then squeeze the mousse in. I don't use a comb at all.

However, I haven't been getting good results with air drying lately, think it's just too humid right now. Half my hair is wavy, the other half is straight and all of it is frizzy if I air dry......not pretty.

For the past two cleanses, I've tried something different (for me). I skip the CC as a leave in and just use Remoist, then SC, then finger comb and air dry (no mousse). My hair has been PERFECT!! The Remoist gives me shine and dries to nice waves, without any crunchiness.

Super Contributor

I know I have different curls than you do, but the only way I can use the mousse ( 613 or SHP) is scrunched into very wet hair and no combing. I am not a fan of the SC but do add a tiny pea size a out of CC to my hands before I pump the mousse then work that into my hair by scrunching while head down then use my fingers to part my bangs over with out disturbing the curls. I then give a spritz of RTM and let dry completely before I touch my hair again. Once dry I scrunch, it's the only way I can get my fine curls to stay in curl form with out fuzz or fly away.