New Contributor
Just wenned for the first time yesterday...had been lurking for a little while before taking the plunge. My hair -- somewhat coarse and very thick, wavy/loose curls, color-treated (greying), length to my collarbone. Actually pretty healthy before going to Wen, as I've always used good quality products (Surface, Bamboo). My experience -- after using SHP, I let my hair air dry ( my normal routine) so I could better compare. Was amazed at the softness as it dried and, even though it had some wave, it wasn't as out-of-control as usual. Used the straight iron this morning after it was completely dry, and it took pretty easily on less heat and with only 1-2 passes. Result is fairly similar to what I'd get with using traditional poo/conditioner, plus argon oil, but a bit easier to achieve with Wen. Texture is similar to what I'd see after a Brazilian Blowout, but a lot cheaper (and fewer chemicals)! So I'm sold! My only question is what CC to get with the TSV! I love the SHP, but obviously can't keep on with it since it's seasonal. I've heard TT is good for hair like mine, but have also heard it's not as good on color treated hair (mine is dark blonde with hilights/lowlights). What would you recommend? Thanks for all the help you've already provided to a lurker!
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome! Your Wen results will only get better. Have you thought about using Fig?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
New Contributor
Fig is the one I keep coming back to, and the one that comes up when I go to Chaz' product recommender. Just have heard so many horrors about the scent! Thinking about stockpiling the SHP and mixing in with the fig...
Honored Contributor

For my hair, SHP tops them all-nothing like it except SMC but that is also a seasonal. The closest one to performance for my hair to SHP (and not that close, lol) is Fig. The scent isn't *that* bad really and it doesn't linger in my hair after it dries.

SHP should be available again in the 32 oz size so you could pick up a few and I'd recommend mixing it with another one to make it last longer as I've been getting just as good results doing that (and it lasts so much longer!) as I do using SHP straight.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/17/2014 kardut said: Fig is the one I keep coming back to, and the one that comes up when I go to Chaz' product recommender. Just have heard so many horrors about the scent! Thinking about stockpiling the SHP and mixing in with the fig...

Some Wenners actually like the scent. I'm not one of them. The results far outweigh the scent. It's actually grown on me!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
Just wanted to Welcome you to the forums. I use FIG occasionally too and actually like the scent.
Respected Contributor

I am one who is not at all fond of the Fig scent -- however mixing it with SHP is a great solution and gives you the benefits of both. Of course once SHP is in the rear view mirror I'll have to find another seasonal that both works for my hair type and acts as a good fragrance balance. For the moment SHP is perfect.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the Wen forum! I can't comment on the Fig scent, it's the only core CC I haven't tried. However, Tea Tree is my absolute fave, and I've never had a problem with it stripping my color (single process color, two shades darker than my natural color).

If you're trying to select a formula for the upcoming TSV, you could always quickly order a discovery kit (or maybe pick up a variety of travel packs). You would have a few days to try different formulas, see what works best for your hair type.

Fig is definitely the most moisturizing, with Sweet Almond Mint and Tree Tea next in line. Pomegranate would fall in the middle, with Cucumber Aloe and Lavender typically being more astringent. Best of luck!

Super Contributor

Welcome to WEN!! I have had color treated hair for many more years than I've been using WEN. I have used both tea tree and fig for years, never had issues with tt fading my color and really like the smell of fig. To me fig has a warm, earthy smell - smells like the figs my DH's grandmother used to grow.

Fig and tt are two of the most popular formulas sold on QVC, so they must work for a lot of people. They are both moisturizing. If you don't know, if you get the TSV on AD, you can change the formula for the following shipments.

Contributor
I'm one that TT striped my low lights. Bummer, I hear it is great. The upcoming TSV has remoist, which will help moisturize your hair. I can't wait. Good luck.