Occasional Contributor

I have been using Wen for 6 months and love what it does for my hair. I use TT for my first cleanse and Lav for my second with a little Lav CC for leave in and follow with Lav Styling Crème.

My only complaint is that it seems to turn my blonde hilited hair darker. Has anyone have this happen? Should I try a different CC? Is this something I have to accept and live with?

Don't want to give up my Wen love how my hair feels.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blonde Hair Turning Darker

I have highlights and I don't notice this. But I spend a few hours a week in direct sun and perhaps any darkness is bleaching out.

Frequent Contributor

the reason your hair has gotten darker is because your hair is now properly hydrated instead of stripped.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

the reason your hair has gotten darker is because your hair is now properly hydrated instead of stripped.

I agree with jurby. This is the reason for the change in your color.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

Sorry, but in reality your hair is dirty from using WEN that's why its turned darker.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 susan25 said:
On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

I agree with jurby. This is the reason for the change in your color.

But that didn't address her concern. Should she just accept it or try a different CC?

Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 ID2 said:
On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

Sorry, but in reality your hair is dirty from using WEN that's why its turned darker.

I'm sorry, but this made me almost spit out my water from laughing. I had a vision of a little girl saying this on a playground or something.

Respected Contributor

I know for white/gray hair, the TT is recommended because the TT oil in it is clear white. The oils in the other formulas are yellow, and lighter colored hair can pick up that yellow. I don't know if that applies to blonde hair, though.

That said, my highlighted hair is also a bit darker since using WEN, but I also believe it's because my hair is more hydrated now. It's NOT dirty, either! {#emotions_dlg.lol} It's clean, bouncy (dirty hair doesn't bounce),soft and shiny!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/31/2014 ID2 said:
On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

live....laugh....love
Frequent Contributor

On 7/31/2014 ID2 said:
On 7/31/2014 jurby said:

*runs over and looks in mirror and sees beautiful shiny CLEAN hair*

@ID2 - What planet did you come from????