Contributor

Wen user looking for healthier hair? Help

I have been using Wen for several years but find my hair is needing something to bring back the shine and healthy look. I go to a professional hair colorist for my touch ups but find my hair looking dry and the color dull. I wonder if switching to a new hair line will help or to find a conditioner that will supplement what I am not getting from my current routine. Any suggestions? I am a brownette and 50. Thanks
Super Contributor

Re: Wen user looking for healthier hair? Help

You can try adding the oils or the remoist to your routine and repair some of the damage the color process may have done. It may also be your water, we have high mineral content in our well and with out the filters we have in place the build up from those minerals can dull hair color. I have not coloured my hair in a while but was red for a while and then had some brown low lights, I found with wen and rinsing with cool water I kept my color looking wonderful for a long time. I am back to my natural blonde and do add blonder high lights now. I have been using wen for almost 4 years now, and have not had it dull any color, but do know from past experience that mineral deposits in water can do damage to a color.
Respected Contributor

I agree with Denise from Canada. If you aren't already using the remoist and oils you definitely need to add these and use as an overnight treatment. I use the oil as an overnight treatment a few days a week. This really helps with the condition of my hair. I also add a little oil after styling my hair to the ends to add moisture. I am currently using the SHP oil on the ends after styling and not only does it really work, but it smells amazing.

Super Contributor

Not sure what formula you are using currently, but you may also want to switch to something more moisturizing, like Fig. I alternate Fig, TT and 613 to keep my hair healthy and shiny.

Honored Contributor

My hair LOVES SHP SC. Body & Shine!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

Use the Remoist and if you aren't using fig now, it will be moisturizing to our hair.

Honored Contributor

What formula are you using now and what type of hair do you have?

I have wavy/curly hair, which is naturally less shiny than straighter hair. If I want shine, I need to add a shine spray or serum to it. There are also glossing treatments available at salons or from boxes. The boxed one I tried wasn't very effective, but you might ask your colorist about it.

I use Fig for the moisture and it does a lot to keep my hair from looking or acting dry. I used to get a lot of static issues in the winter, but I haven't since I started using Fig. I can pull a poly blend item out of the dryer and pull it on over my head without my hair hovering over my head afterward. I like to switch it up with seasonals and other formulas, like Tea Tree, but I almost always include Fig in there to prevent dryness. I use one pump of the Sweet Almond Mint (my favorite fragrance!) Conditioning Cleanser mixed with 4 drops of SAM oil as my leave-in.

I use Remoist once a month and oils several times a week, which is also very helpful in keeping my hair from getting dry and damaged.

Trusted Contributor

Bellagio, which formula(s) are you using? Some of the formulas have more protein and the gals say that too much protein can make your hair feel dry. Or maybe you aren't using one with a lot of protein and you need it. Smiley Wink

Fig will give you lots of moisture and I think SHP will too. SAM and CA seem to be next to them in moisture.

613 and BGT will give you the most protein. Supposedly the seasonals have a good bit of protein but not as much as 613 and BGT.

Perhaps changing or mixing formulas will give you what your hair needs?

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Forgot to mention that I also recommend the Remoist for your hair. It is amazing for adding moisture to existing hair. The oils are also awesome but they are more for the scalp and help with new hair growing in.

KJPA