Regular Contributor

I have only tried the SHP styling cream so far and I REALLY like it.

Love the shine, smoothness, silkiness and how may hair feels and the way it manages some tangles and frizz.

I am wondering if all the styling creams in the core line perform the same or is the SHP very different? I am wondering this just as I am about the SHP CC.

I don't want to continually fall in love a seasonal product only to not be able to continue to get it long term in the future so if anyone feels another core SC is very similar to the SHP please post your thoughts if you could.

Thanks a lot!

Pink

Trusted Contributor
Hi Pink! I have used the LAV, SAM, CA and 613 Styling Cremes, in addition to the SHP. I do think the SHP is the heaviest and most moisturizing and shine-producing of the ones I have tried. Of course, that's just how they work on my hair Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor
I have used all of the styling cremes. They all work fairly similar on my hair. The SHP does seem like it may be a little more moisturizing than the others, but the regular styling cremes are moisturizing also. I also find that I don't need to use as much of the SHP because it seems more dense. The styling cremes vary a little in density. Some are heavier than others because of their ingredients/essential oils. I am going to list them from heaviest to lightest: 613, SHP, fig, Sam, TT, Pom, lav, CA. I just want to add that the differences in the styling cremes are very slight in my opinion. They all work about the same on my hair. I do tend to use a little less when I use the heavier formulas though. I have fine textured hair. Hope this helps.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor
Thanks for the response! I might try 613 then since SHP won't be around forever and I think I prefer a heavier one due to my hair type. Is the 613 SC different in any other ways since the CC is more treatment based and full of amino acids? I ask this because I use 613 CC but can't use it everyday. I want a styling cream that I can use daily that is not a seasonal. Thanks again! Pink
Respected Contributor
On 7/24/2014 pinksilhouette said: Thanks for the response! I might try 613 then since SHP won't be around forever and I think I prefer a heavier one due to my hair type. Is the 613 SC different in any other ways since the CC is more treatment based and full of amino acids? I ask this because I use 613 CC but can't use it everyday. I want a styling cream that I can use daily that is not a seasonal. Thanks again! Pink
The 613 styling creme, mousse, and RTM all have the extra amino acids. The SHP styling products do not have the extra amino acids. The shp rtm does have amino acids, though. I can't use the 613 styling products every day. I am hoping that since the SHP styling creme doesnt have aminos then all the future seasonal styling products will not have the amino acids. The next seasonal will be Fall T u s c a n Pear. I am thinking it will be the same base formula with just a different scent. If you look at the ingredients for the regular styling cremes, they all have basically the same base ingredients. The only difference really is the essential oils. This makes me think the seasonal styling cremes will follow the same base formula.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor

Great explanation Hilary77, thanks again!

Pink

Respected Contributor

I have only used the SAM, POM, 613 and SHP. I agree with Hilary about the heaviest to lightest formulas but I like them all and as Hilary stated just need to use a little less of the heavier styling cremes. I want to try the new fall seasonal but not sure that I will like it enough to order all of the styling products. I can't imagine that I will ever find another seasonal that I like as much as the SHP. I use a little of the SHP oil everyday on my ends after styling since I really love the scent.