Regular Contributor

WEN product comparisons and similarities questions

Since I am a newer wen user I have some questions. I love the feel, moisture, silkiness and shine I get from specifically the SHP CC and SC but I realize they are seasonal products and not going to be around forever. I have not tried other prior seasonals . The point of my question is what core scent, if any, has the closest feel and performance that SHP does? I don't want to feel I have to stockpile SHP before it goes away if another core products is very similar and performs the same that I can just get anytime instead of something that is only around for a limited time. Does that make sense? I already have TT and 613 but they perform differently for the other hair issues I purchased them for. I want to find an additional product that is not a seasonal to achieve the results I am getting from the SHP products. I was thinking about BGT and wondering how that compares to,the seasonals specifically the SHP? Sorry for long post but I need some educated answers from you helpful wenners! Thanks! PInk
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN product comparisons and similarities questions

imho, there really is nothing that compares to SHP. The closest one is fig but even that isn't consistently great like SHP and it is a heavier formula that doesn't rinse out as easily as SHP and doesn't give me the silkiness and shine like SHP does. BGT dried my hair out, unfortunately, although I love the scent. I have never stockpiled a hair product before, WEN or otherwise, but I am with SHP because nothing comes even close to the results I get from it in terms of shine, silkiness, tangle-free, volume, and bounce.

Frequent Contributor

SHP???
Regular Contributor

Happy Daze, thanks for the response! I figured I might need to stockpile SHP! Oh well, it is what it is! Pink
Honored Contributor

The only other one that is kind of close is Summer mango coconut which is also a seasonal so that is why I didn't mention that one. I love that one too but I didn't even stockpile it. I love the scent of that one better than SHP but the SHP performance is better.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/23/2014 NewNail said: SHP???

summer honey peach

too many wen products and long names so people abbreviate

Esteemed Contributor

Pink, for my hair, BGT (Bamboo Green Tea) performs similar to SHP. It gives my hair a nice balance of moisture, protein and volume.

I had a lengthy learning curve with BGT. It works best for me when I use it by itself.

SHP stopped working for me after 3 cleanses, but I'm going to revisit it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Although I haven't tried the SHP, I did all the other seasonals. I always use the POM as my general cc. I like the creamy lather, slightly fruity scent and above all, performance.

........I'm going to order the SHP right now. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I wonder...since the SHP has some different things in it than other seasonals...if it's maybe a "test" formula for a new core product?

It seems cruel to give us a formula with a gloss complex, only to take it away! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Even if Chaz made it with a different scent, but otherwise the same, I would sure buy it!

Regular Contributor

HonnyBrown

Thanks for the response.

I may need to consider BGT since I think I would love the scent and hopefully it works very similar to SHP for me. I love the SHP more for its consistency and performance than the actual scent as peach is not a favorite of mine but it is ok.

Pink