Frequent Contributor

WEN Tea Tree Oil Consistency

Hello, I recently purchased my first bottle of WEN tea tree oil (intensive treatment oil). The formula looks a little funky--like water had been added to the bottle. I can actually see some separation in the bottle as well as "beading" on and inside the dropper. I also have the summer honey peach and the fig oils and they both look fine. Anyone else experience this with the tea tree oil? Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Tea Tree Oil Consistency

If you bought it from QVC or Chaz's own site then I would not worry. Sometimes in our mechanized, assembly line world things can goof up a bit. If you got it from a seller on line then I would not use it. Now that's just my opinion but like I mentioned if you got it here or Chaz's own site it must be authentic. Could be the heat did something in shipping. Most of the country is pretty hot. I know it's hot as you know what by me and I'm not in the southern states. Try shaking it and let it stand and look at it. If it still looks icky, I'd call QVC and ask to return it for a different one. They always send a return label with every item. I'm very cautious too. I got a fake cleansing conditioner from a seller so I only buy from QVC or Chaz's site. No one else. The oils are nice though. Let us know how you make out.

Super Contributor

I agree, if you did buy it on ebay or another site, I would question them about it. If you bought it from QVC, I'm sure they would send you a replacement.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks sjk and ginabfly, for your replies! Unfortunately, I did not purchase from QVC or Chaz's site. Will definitely be more careful in the future, though!!! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Godzgirl523 said:

Thanks sjk and ginabfly, for your replies! Unfortunately, I did not purchase from QVC or Chaz's site. Will definitely be more careful in the future, though!!! Thanks!

Sorry someone cheated you. That's just so c*rappy.

Super Contributor

If you bought off Ebay or Amazon, the sellers need to be reported-you need your money back and they need to be shut down so no one else gets bad products.

So sorry this happened to you.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

THANKS Ladies for the support!!! I thought I'd do an online search to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a thread here: http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/254900/funky-stuff-floating-in-my-tt-oil.aspx

This sounds exactly like my situation. I've got a lot of experience working with essential oil and a few carrier oils (but not Argan and Abyssinian oils) so I'm not sure if something in the formula solidifies once it gets to a certain temp. The more I look at it, it really looks as if water was added to the formula at some point.

The bottle I purchased was supposed to be new and quite honestly, I cannot remember if it was sealed. Going to do a little more research before I lodge a complaint...

Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

THANKS Ladies for the support!!! I thought I'd do an online search to see if anyone else has had this problem and found a thread here: http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/254900/funky-stuff-floating-in-my-tt-oil.aspx

This sounds exactly like my situation. I've got a lot of experience working with essential oil and a few carrier oils (but not Argan and Abyssinian oils) so I'm not sure if something in the formula solidifies once it gets to a certain temp. The more I look at it, it really looks as if water was added to the formula at some point.

The bottle I purchased was supposed to be new and quite honestly, I cannot remember if it was sealed. Going to do a little more research before I lodge a complaint...

Unfortunately, even direct from Chaz or the Q, the oils are not sealed.
Honored Contributor

ugh so sorry! This is why I haven't gotten anything off ebay or Amazon like this- I am so afraid of getting who knows what in a bottle!

Super Contributor

Godzgirl, if you did buy on ebay or amazon, question the seller directly first. A lot of times they will refund your money right there. I've had a couple of situations where something I received was questionable, and they refunded my money and didn't even ask for the item back (which to me seemed to prove that it wasn't as it should be). If they swear up and down that it is fine and don't offer you a refund, then you might want to report them.