Trusted Contributor

My husband has confessed to me that he is using my WEN in the shower. I did a search for WEN and white hair on the forums and found one tiny blurb from Chaz. He suggested using Silver and WEN. I agree. The SILVER keeps the white from yellowing. I guess I have a few questions. What product do you think is better? Should the SILVER be mixed with the WEN or used separately? Which does he use first? WEN then SILVER or vice versa. Thanks in advance. OBTW, he is only using two pumps.

Super Contributor

By the Silver, do you mean a rinse like Wella Roux White Minx that you put on after cleansing and it washes out next time? I use that and I use it last - I cleanse, put my leave in and sc, then blot the excess water, then put on the White Minx. I tried mixing it and it dilutes the color too much. Your DH probably doesn't put any WEN back in his hair as a leave in, mine doesn't, so he could just towel dry, then put the Silver rinse on and blot the excess.

Respected Contributor

Just saving in my Activities for neighbor with white hair who has an interesting WEN.

Trusted Contributor

No, DH uses some kind of Silver shampoo. It is blue, (what else) and is called C professional. What do you suggest? The white Minx? He has beautiful white hair. He had black hair when he went to Viet Nam, he came home with white mixed in. By 40 he was completely grey and by 50 white. The only issue with white hair is that if you do not treat it well it will yellow and sometimes I can see his pink scalp if it is short. Bless his heart, I have convinced him to grow it a tad longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm about 5% gray. I started using Wen in September, 2013. After a few uses, I noticed my grays were brilliant.

I never thought about incorporating another product just for them.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

With WEN, my grays are a brilliant translucent silver. I actually like them. During Chaz's presentations, he shows his gray model Rosanna and talk about how gray gets brassy and burnt looking from lathering shampoos. My mom had that, where her gray looked gray and brown, etc. It was starting to look like a piebald cat! Since I got her on WEN TT, it's really looking so much better. I hadn't heard Chaz say anything about a secondary product. I don't know that it is really necessary. Hubby may not be using quite enough WEN, especially if he is only doing one cleanse.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor
The white minx is a purple rinse that you put on your hair after you cleanse it. My hair is growing out white but it still has some color on the last few inches and it gets too yellow. The white minx rinse makes my hair the same color. My natural hair is pure white with no yellow, so you might have your DH try WEN alone and see if his hair stays white. If not, the rinse is better because he's getting his hair clean with the WEN.
Respected Contributor

Wow, I can't believe Chaz would recommend any kind of shampoo but my hair is turning platinum and of course I miss my brown hair but I use ONLY Wen and people think I frost it, seriously. Everyone always asks me do you color your hair? First of all I always get compliments because of the Wen but because shampoo is not stripping the color doesn't look too bad turning white. I must be 80% white now. I don't color (used to) but I don't want the commitment anymore. Wen really makes the experience of losing my color much more tolerable.

Super Contributor

sjk, you're right, Chaz would never recommend a shampoo. I didn't catch at first that she was talking about a shampoo.

Trusted Contributor
I've heard Chaz mention that WEN removes yellow from grey hair, leaving it a beautiful silver color, but I have never heard it mentioned to use another shampoo w/WEN. Google led me to the following on WEN's Facebook page:

WEN by Chaz Dean Hello Mary, we recommend WEN Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner and Styling Creme for your grey hair. Will help keep the color vibrant and not brassy or yellow - Yvonne

I would call the 800# on your bottle and ask a CSR for clarification if you want additional info.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007