Regular Contributor

Help with SHP Styling Creme/Mousse

I just began using the BGT (got two gallons in June) and really like it. I am contemplating the SHP creme/mousse. I have fine, thinning hair (thyroid issues). Will these products work for me or will they weigh my hair down?

Regular Contributor

Re: Help with SHP Styling Creme/Mousse

Well I ordered the set along with the RTM and the CC. Guess we'll see how it goes! Right after I got my order confirmation I checked again and the creme/mousse set was still available, I went back a minute ago (thinking I might ought to order another just in case I love it) and it was gone again!

Respected Contributor

I like the styling creme more than the mousse. The mousse gives my really thick hair more volume than I need. But, if you are wanting volume, you will love the mousse. The styling creme is very light. You won't need much if you have fine, thin hair. Enjoy!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Mandy, I'm glad you are liking your Bamboo Green Tea. I haven't used the SHP mousse or styling crème, but I use the Lav or 613 sc and mousse, but they are similar products. I also have fine hair and they don't weigh my hair down. I put them both in soaking wet hair, sc first, then mousse and work them into my hair. I have more body and shine using them than without.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the responses! I will try them both as suggested.

Honored Contributor

I worry the mousse might be too much for your fine/thinning hair but I think the SC will work well.

Regular Contributor

On 7/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

I worry the mousse might be too much for your fine/thinning hair but I think the SC will work well.

It seems to be getting better, the thinning that is, with my thyroid meds being bumped up. I have lots of "baby hairs" sticking straight up (of course {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) and since starting the BGT Wen last month it looks better than it has in several months. I previously tried Wen and my hair started falling out at the same time so I equated one with the other since I had read so many stories on the forums and my first set of thyroid testing came back normal. After seeing the endo and starting thyroid meds last year I thought I'd try again. So glad I did!

Thanks for the advice!

Honored Contributor

On 7/21/2014 Mandy Moo said:

It seems to be getting better, the thinning that is, with my thyroid meds being bumped up. I have lots of "baby hairs" sticking straight up (of course {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}) and since starting the BGT Wen last month it looks better than it has in several months. I previously tried Wen and my hair started falling out at the same time so I equated one with the other since I had read so many stories on the forums and my first set of thyroid testing came back normal. After seeing the endo and starting thyroid meds last year I thought I'd try again. So glad I did!

Thanks for the advice!

Many women are misdiagnosed as NOT having issues with their thyroid because they fall within "normal" limits but what they are finding more and more is that many women have most of the symptoms of hyper or hypothyroidism but test results fall within "normal" limits, albeit to the low or high end of the "normal" limits. If they start treating these women as if they DID have hypo or hyperthyroidism anyway, the symptoms are managed. So the conclusion is often that the limits should be considered a GUIDELINE and not the end all be all. I have several women in my family that fall within "normal" range but all had hypothryroidism symptoms and all of them insisted on being treated for it and all of them have improved. I think more endocrinologists are treating now, regardless of the test results if symptoms are there and you are at a certain age, etc. so I always recommend people see an endo for any possible thryroid issues.

Anyway, lol, I am glad you pursued it further and went to see an endo and are now being managed! We are our best health advocates. Smiley Happy Good luck to you!

Regular Contributor

On 7/21/2014 Mandy Moo said:

Thanks for the advice!

Many women are misdiagnosed as NOT having issues with their thyroid because they fall within "normal" limits but what they are finding more and more is that many women have most of the symptoms of hyper or hypothyroidism but test results fall within "normal" limits, albeit to the low or high end of the "normal" limits. If they start treating these women as if they DID have hypo or hyperthyroidism anyway, the symptoms are managed. So the conclusion is often that the limits should be considered a GUIDELINE and not the end all be all. I have several women in my family that fall within "normal" range but all had hypothryroidism symptoms and all of them insisted on being treated for it and all of them have improved. I think more endocrinologists are treating now, regardless of the test results if symptoms are there and you are at a certain age, etc. so I always recommend people see an endo for any possible thryroid issues.

Anyway, lol, I am glad you pursued it further and went to see an endo and are now being managed! We are our best health advocates. Smiley Happy Good luck to you!

Couldn't have explained it better! Thank you for the kind words!

Frequent Contributor

My hair is short and fine. It is probably medium thickness. I have used the Mousse and still do on occasion. When I do use it, I put very little on, probably only 1 pump. If I put too much on, it does seem to weigh it down.