Respected Contributor

The poodle dogs came back from the kennel really dirty. The brown one doesn't show much, but the white dog was just unbearably filthy. I took her into the shower with me and "wenned" her down with the cucumber aloe. It doesn't remove the stains (you need that whitening dog shampoo for that) but she sure smells better and looks a lot better. She enjoyed it. I kept it out of her face and eyes (menthol.) Her feet in particular look a lot better.

Esteemed Contributor

Campion, I bet she is a lot happier, too!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Awhile back I regularly used Pomegranante on my mini cockapoo, Daisy, and she came out fabulously. Daisy is now departed (God rest her brave little soul). Since WEN now has a pet specific cleansing conditioner, A233839, I now use that on my my Shih Tzu's, Jamie and Coco. It works very nicely. I have yet to use it on my labradors. You might want to give it a try.

Respected Contributor
On 7/20/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Campion, I bet she is a lot happier, too!

She IS happier. She enjoyed the shower--poodles, especially the big ones, adore water. She's been itching to get into the shower with me for months, anyway.

I only used about a golf ball sized pump and it did well on her. She actually looks pretty darned good and she whitened up and is very soft. She hasn't been scratching either. If she reacts well, I may include an interim Wen bath between her groomings. Her paws, which were brown and dirty from the kennel, are quite clean. Success!

Respected Contributor
On 7/20/2014 Kkins said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Awhile back I regularly used Pomegranante on my mini cockapoo, Daisy, and she came out fabulously. Daisy is now departed (God rest her brave little soul). Since WEN now has a pet specific cleansing conditioner, A233839, I now use that on my my Shih Tzu's, Jamie and Coco. It works very nicely. I have yet to use it on my labradors. You might want to give it a try.

My Product Recommendations

One of my dogs is a "Daisy" as well. I have a boatload of cucumber Wen. I may order pet when that runs down.

Esteemed Contributor
Bet she's very soft and smells really good too.
Respected Contributor

This is one of the best thread titles of all time.

Respected Contributor
On 7/20/2014 islandgrrl said:

This is one of the best thread titles of all time.

Aw! You made my day!

Regular Contributor

I "wenned" my yorkie, Lola, and got a ton of backlash about it on the boards {#emotions_dlg.scared}...she smelled wonderful and her hair wasn't full of tangles or greasy feeling. I have been using a product specifically for yorkies but I am thinking about ordering the Wen for pets when I run out. Thanks for the post!

Trusted Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Mandy Moo said:

I "wenned" my yorkie, Lola, and got a ton of backlash about it on the boards {#emotions_dlg.scared}...she smelled wonderful and her hair wasn't full of tangles or greasy feeling. I have been using a product specifically for yorkies but I am thinking about ordering the Wen for pets when I run out. Thanks for the post!

Why did you get backlash? I "wen" my bichon every chance I get! His hair is much more manageable when I use Wen. So far I'm sticking to SAM since I prefer some of the others for myself Smiley Wink But I do want to get Wen Pets when that runs out.

I leave him standing in the bath for quite a while with Wen really creamed up on him. I add water and everything just like it's my own hair. After rinsing really well I wrap him up in a towel and hold him for awhile to soak up most of the water. I change towels once. Then I can blow him dry (no heat.) He looks and feels AWESOME!!!

KJPA