Esteemed Contributor

My hair had a serious temper tantrum last week. None of my staple Wen products worked like they normally do, and the CC that my hair didn't like was awesome.

I shampooed this morning. I used my favorite moisturizing shampoo, lathered for days and got a clean slate.

When I ran the 613/TT blend through my hair, it felt good. I don't have the words to describe what the strands felt like. Also, the lovely tingle is back (CC is still in my hair). It's been a while since I felt that.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I did that a few days ago...I used Neutrogena Anti-residue and followed up with WEN Kids Apple.

It made all the difference in the world. The limp, greasy look is gone.

I'm going to do it once a month...and not feel guilty about it!

Respected Contributor

I would recommend that Chaz do the same. His hair always looks greasy.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 pommom said:

Be prepared to duck...I wrote this and got hit from all sides!

Honored Contributor

I'm a Wen user at home, but for my once-a-month visit to my colorist, my hair is shampooed with whatever the salon offers. It's not a revolt, but it's been working for me for all the years I've been Wenning - 5 I think.

I have one more shipment of my current TSV AD due in September and I'm thinking quite seriously of trying some of the new products that have come to market after I became a Wen user instead of starting another. Plenty of time yet for me to see what Chaz comes up with next, but changing is definitely on my mind.

Respected Contributor
On 7/20/2014 terrier3 said:
On 7/20/2014 pommom said:

Be prepared to duck...I wrote this and got hit from all sides!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

It is always good to use a clarifying shampoo from time to time just to clean product build up, including WEN, and styling products. It also cleans the scalp of build up, just remember to to scrub it with your finger pads for extra stimulation.

Esteemed Contributor

Terrier, I'm definitely going to do this again. Maybe every 6 months or whenever my hair throws a temper tantrum.

Millie, my hair is bipolar. It revolted against all of my Wen staples. Fig made my hair dry. TT, which usually gives me great curl definition, made my curls poofy and bloated. Lav, which usually turns me into a poodle, gave me awesome hair.

How am I supposed to work with that.

Frequent Contributor

I have never been able to use just one product for more than a few months, even before Wen. My hair just stops responding. I alternate Wen and Devacurl and that seems to work for me. My hair starts to look weighed down if I use just Devacurl or just Wen for more than a month.

I have a friend who uses just Wen but her hair is a different texture and she colors it as well. I use a diffuser but nothing else and I don't color/highlight my hair. I believe this makes a difference in how our hair responds.

I do think the ingredients in Wen are superior to a lot of other products out there so I think it will always be one of my core products, just not my only product.

Esteemed Contributor

Doherty, I've been Wen only for almost 10 months, so I guess that's pretty good. It was just sudden: Sunday's cleanse left me with awesome hair, Wednesday and Friday's cleanses were "what tha!"

Hopefully, today's shampoo will reset the clock.