Respected Contributor

I Found a Great Way to Distribute the Treatment Oil!

Hi Everyone,

Just because I got lazy Friday night, I stumbled upon a great way to get the WEN treatment oil directly onto my scalp.

I had my hair (medium/long, curly/wavy) in a high ponytail. As I went to bed, I decided to leave the hair elastic in and the SHP oil went directly into my scalp!

First I did the top of my head (four dropper fulls about 1/2 filled from the 4 oz. bottle) and then for the lower half, I squeezed and released the dropper from the base of my scalp up to the middle (where it met up with the top). Four half-filled dropper fulls again.

Lastly, I used the Wetbrush to push and evenly distribute the oils throughout my scalp. (The Wetbrush is safe to use on wet hair, so it won't do any damage.)

To me, it seemed like there was very little wasted oil as it went directly where I wanted it. Almost like corn rows, LOL!

When I woke up the next morning, the oil had diffused through my entire ponytail.

Maybe this method has been posted before, but it is now the best way for my hair treatment regime.

Respected Contributor

Re: I Found a Great Way to Distribute the Treatment Oil!

Sounds like it works great. Thanks for sharing.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

This is what I always do too and it works great! Love my Wetbrush so much I got one for my horse, who has a long mane that I used to have to painstakingly detangle. Now it barely takes any time at all. I wonder if Wen Dooters gets oils put on his mane?

Honored Contributor

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 7/21/2014 andhourspass said:

This is what I always do too and it works great! Love my Wetbrush so much I got one for my horse, who has a long mane that I used to have to painstakingly detangle. Now it barely takes any time at all. I wonder if Wen Dooters gets oils put on his mane?

My hairdresser gave me the Wetbrush for a Christmas present. I still prefer to use the Wen comb to distribute my cc and styling creme, but found that this brush is great at distributing the oil! The oil just sinks right into my scalp.

I think that Wen Dooters should be getting the treatment oils since he is so darn cool!

Super Contributor

Very close to exactly what I do!!!! I have a Wetbrush too!!<3