Occasional Contributor
We just added a Siberian Husky to our family and I hate to say it but I don't really care for the smell of the WEN for pets. Anyone know what formula would be best. Thanks
Honored Contributor

I use the Wen kids. It's menthol and Tea Tree oil free. The Apple is the lightest scent.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor
I have used Wen kids on my dog before. It worked great.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

What did Wen Pets smell like to you? I didn't buy it because a couple of people said they thought it ""stinks"" but they didn't say like what. Later I read that it smells like vanilla and I love vanilla! Some people don't like vanilla. What do you think?

KJPA
Occasional Contributor
Vanilla would have great. I smelled maple. I have a funny nose. My daughter thinks it's great to have him smell like watermelon but my son does not think thats cool for a boy dog to smell like candy. Haha
Esteemed Contributor

I use Sweet Almond Mint on my long coat German Shepherd as her second shampoo. I use a traditional dog shampoo as the first coat. I alternate between flea & tick and a conditioning or gentle formula for the first coat. She has a ton of hair and it tangles easy. The Wen was the best thing I found to relieve that matting. I've had a husky/shepherd and the undercoat hair can be a challenge to get clean down to their skin. I mix the Wen Sweet almond in a 50/50 combination (50% Wen 50% water). I just got two German Shepherd puppies and they wil be Wen dogs as well once they grow.

Please just let me know if you have any other questions.

Respected Contributor
On 7/19/2014 KJPA said:

What did Wen Pets smell like to you? I didn't buy it because a couple of people said they thought it "stinks" but they didn't say like what. Later I read that it smells like vanilla and I love vanilla! Some people don't like vanilla. What do you think?

I think Wen pets smells a little like 613, but with more maple smell. I do smell vanilla, but I smell maple, too.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor
On 7/19/2014 jeffery4 said: Vanilla would have great. I smelled maple. I have a funny nose. My daughter thinks it's great to have him smell like watermelon but my son does not think thats cool for a boy dog to smell like candy. Haha

Many people said it has a strong maple scent. The scent is one reason I passed (and one reason I did NOT like the fall apple spice seasonal cc, which also smelled strongly of maple).

Tell your son it is usually either a sweet or floral scent for dog shampoos- take your pick! lol!

Respected Contributor
I used Fall Apple Spice bc it was almost empty, and so I added water and shook the bottle really well. It smelled fine on my dogs, but that one isn't my favorite scent. Next time will likely be Cranberry, because that one will be empty next, then peach .... You get the point. Smiley Wink It did make my dogs super soft and fluffy, so I'll probably just stick with the seasonals. I would definitely try the kids, too. I don't notice that there is a ton of specific scent on them, by day two they smell warm and fresh and clean. I was going to buy WEN pets, but will probably just use my almost empty bottles of seasonals for a while. HTH!!
Honored Contributor

Took my bottle of BGT CC to my vet and he said - great product for my Labs.

They are males and the scent seems to be manly enough for them. The scent lasts for quite a while.

I use and like it too, so we share.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras