Respected Contributor

To Those Who Visit Chaz's Salon

A quick question for those girls who have gone to the salon: how are prices for the various products? Are the Q prices a better value? I have a new work contract that will have me in and out of Los Angeles with some frequency. I'm wondering if there is benefit to picking up my supplies at the salon itself. Thanks for your advice!

Respected Contributor

Re: To Those Who Visit Chaz's Salon

You can see all the prices at chazdean.com. The prices are all generally higher and if you are picking them up you will not save money on free shipping for over $100. There are also no package deals. You will be able to see that most likely for most of your items the Q is the better deal. That said, I always work the sale both ways and see what comes out best.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Kjelle: you got to the heart of my question. I wasn't sure if the prices from the website reflected the in salon prices. Sounds like the answer is 'yes'. I have been using WEN for many years and used to order off the website quite a bit. Back in the day, you couldn't get a gallon anywhere else. The prices seemed to go up there quite a bit over time. I only purchase from the Q now. But never having been to the salon, I didn't know if there were sales or special offers that make it worthwhile to drop in. Thanks again for your insight.

New Contributor

Hi Islandgrrl,

I was at the Chaz Dean Studios this past Spring. While they do not offer combo specials like you can find on Q you can get a few other things that can be harder to locate. They had just about every product (at least that I was looking for) in travel size which can be hard to find. Especially if you are only want or need to purchase a couple items and not an entire set. They also sell the gallons year round. Another bonus is that have the Wen shirts and some other goodies that you can't get anywhere else. Not to mention it is like stepping into paradise visiting their location. Be warned parking can be tricky and my friend and I found it okay but it is tucked away in a fairly residential neighborhood so it can be a tad tricky to locate.

Best Wen Wishes!

Respected Contributor

shikara: Thank you SO much! This is great information. I was thinking that I would drop by just on general principle! I'd love to poke around and take in the sights. Who knows? One day I might even splurge and get a haircut by one of the stylists. My curls kind of style themselves but it would be fun to experience the full treatment.

Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

First, may I say I wish you the best in your endeavors, second if I were going west I'd go to his salon the very second my foot touched down. It would be so much fun. I know your question is about the difference in prices but would it not be nice to just experience it. I did the virtual tour. It's lovely. You get to play with the dogs and get pampered. I buy from chazdeanstudio.com and those prices are higher than QVC's but I don't buy from there a real lot. He has different buildings for selling stuff and the salon and whatever else. If you're a Wen person, you'll love it. If I could, I would take a photo of me with Chaz. I could go on and on. Anyway, if you do buy there it's cash and carry. No shipping! Yay! Just kidding. Good luck, my friend and have fun. xo

Respected Contributor

sjk: of course you are so right! My work days are going to be pretty busy but if I plan correctly I should be able to stay an extra day and get an appointment. Something to look forward to!
Honored Contributor

On my bucket list! Used to visit LA often before I became a WENner. Haven't been in a few years as I've bee working lots in Europe. I'd probably faint from nerves!
"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 islandgrrl said: sjk: of course you are so right! My work days are going to be pretty busy but if I plan correctly I should be able to stay an extra day and get an appointment. Something to look forward to!

What a great experience that would be. I would love to go someday if I was on a vacation since I don't live in the area.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Drythe said: On my bucket list! Used to visit LA often before I became a WENner. Haven't been in a few years as I've bee working lots in Europe. I'd probably faint from nerves!

I used to live in LA. Of course it was pre-Wen. DH wants to go there and meet my friends. I will have my hair done at the salon when we go.

I might even have DH pay for Chaz to do my hair!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.