Contributor

Hi everyone! Wanted to start a thread wondering if there were any creative uses that you do when using Wen. Other than the standard cleansing the hair, using the CC as a shaving cream or on our pets, what are some creative ways you use Wen?

For me I had just ran out of baby shampoo when cleaning my makeup brushes and thought to myself "why not try Wen?". Some of the brushes I have are natural, but I do own some synthetic brushes as well. I did enjoy cleaning my brushes with Wen and it seems that it cleansed them really well and left the natural bristled brushes really soft when dried. Now I don't think I'll be doing this on a weekly basis when cleaning my brushes, but may do it every so often.

Now I'm curious as to how you all use Wen for other than the standard uses

Valued Contributor
This is a great idea!! I'd love to read how others are using Wen besides cleansing hair. I am a oil addict! I use it on my scalp but I also use them on a clean face as my moisturizer. I mix a half dropper of oil with one pump of lotion for my body. My skin has improved so much it's crazy!! Today we went to a BBQ at his Aunts who lives out in the country and I knew we'd be outside all day so I used the SAM oil on my face and TT lotion and oil on my body. A natural bug repellant! No bites and none ever even got close to me!! Awesome!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 BethanyB said: This is a great idea!! I'd love to read how others are using Wen besides cleansing hair. I am a oil addict! I use it on my scalp but I also use them on a clean face as my moisturizer. I mix a half dropper of oil with one pump of lotion for my body. My skin has improved so much it's crazy!! Today we went to a BBQ at his Aunts who lives out in the country and I knew we'd be outside all day so I used the SAM oil on my face and TT lotion and oil on my body. A natural bug repellant! No bites and none ever even got close to me!! Awesome!

Oh I was wondering if I could use oils on my face, it seemed like they would work great..Thanks for the tips!!

Valued Contributor
On 7/4/2014 quadmimi said:
On 7/4/2014 BethanyB said: This is a great idea!! I'd love to read how others are using Wen besides cleansing hair. I am a oil addict! I use it on my scalp but I also use them on a clean face as my moisturizer. I mix a half dropper of oil with one pump of lotion for my body. My skin has improved so much it's crazy!! Today we went to a BBQ at his Aunts who lives out in the country and I knew we'd be outside all day so I used the SAM oil on my face and TT lotion and oil on my body. A natural bug repellant! No bites and none ever even got close to me!! Awesome!

Oh I was wondering if I could use oils on my face, it seemed like they would work great..Thanks for the tips!!

I've been using the oils on my face for months now. And my skin looks so much better!! Hardly ever have a zit, and the blackheads are gone! I lightly dampen my face then put 1/3 to 1/2 dropper of oil on my face and neck. It absorbs into the skin and doesn't make it oily. I've used the SAM, LAV, TT, and a few seasonal oils!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 BethanyB said:
On 7/4/2014 quadmimi said:

I've been using the oils on my face for months now. And my skin looks so much better!! Hardly ever have a zit, and the blackheads are gone! I lightly dampen my face then put 1/3 to 1/2 dropper of oil on my face and neck. It absorbs into the skin and doesn't make it oily. I've used the SAM, LAV, TT, and a few seasonal oils!

Oh thanks for info..Now I am going to have to order more oil....Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I've been using the oils on my face too.

Valued Contributor

Wen is a full body product for me. I use it on my hair, to cleanse my body, to shave, and as my skincare, too. I use the rtm and oils on my face and skin as well.

Respected Contributor

Hi: I think I would not use Wen to clean my brushes because this is where you WANT to get out all the oils and styling products and GET squeaky clean. It's a brush, not your hair. All that build up needs to be stripped out. Just my feeling. I use dish detergent and works good for me.

Respected Contributor

I will have to try the oils on my face. I may try this once I finish my many skin care products that I already have.

Super Contributor

I agree with everyone else's comments - use the oils, 613 cc and rtm on my face, oil on my body while still in the shower, TT RTM stops itching from bug bites or rashes, TT oil helps heal heat rash, Lav oil is great for burns and sunburns, RTM (especially CA) is really cooling when you're outside and hot and sweaty. Use 613 rtm as a hand moisturizer when I'm working on my jewelry and can't use a cream that would leave prints on the silver.

613 cc makes a great facial mask - I put it on after I wash my face and leave it on until I get in the shower - several minutes at least.

DH sprays tt rtm on as a bug repellant.