Honored Contributor

Wen - RTM Home & Away Duo - photo always been of BGT RTM, but they've just switched it to LAV RTM

--

Chaz has already mentioned that next year the BGT gallons will be priced higher than the Core gallons. The 16oz. BGT CC is currently has a feature price of around $33 with a regular price of $36 (with the exception of 613 CC, the other 16oz. CCs are all priced at $29).

I think it's probably just a matter of time before the 32oz. BGT CC has a price increase as well.

So I'm wondering if these price increases will have any bearing on the availability and/or price of the BGT RTM Duo. The Replenishing Treatment Mist Home & Away Duo (A257152) was originally available in BGT but it sold out as soon as it was offered. I think that a small amount of the BGT RTM was restocked in May but, once again, it sold out very quickly. I know that someone spoke to QVC CS and they said that the BGT RTM option would be back in mid-July, but I'm confused as to why they've just switched out the BGT RTM Duo photo for a LAV photo (see photo below). They almost never make a photo change for the Wen product listings.

They did swap the 32oz. BGT photo in when the BGT CC became available in the 32oz. CC size. But recently they also swapped out one of the 32oz. BGT CC photos in the product listings for a 32oz. SAM CC.

My point is that I think the BGT options are slowly being separated and that, eventually, we'll be seeing price increases for all the BGT options. I just hope they will continue to offer the BGT RTM Duo, even if it is at a higher price.

-- bebe Smile

--

--

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - RTM Home & Away Duo - photo always been of BGT RTM, but they've just switched it to LAV RTM

It is kind of false advertising though when they have all those BGT pics and no BGT. Eventually, though I think you are right that they will have totally separate pricing for BGT just like 613.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - RTM Home & Away Duo - photo always been of BGT RTM, but they've just switched it to LAV RTM

That is very interesting. I love the BGT RTM and wish that I had ordered it. You are probably right about the price increase of this product.

Contributor

I think it's very likely your theory is correct but I'm *hoping* you are wrong. I understand that the BGT costs more to make from the shows, but for a while the BGT was offered at a featured price of $26 or so for the 16oz- cheaper than the other CC's. I understand the point of a "featured price" but to then INCREASE the base price doesn't make sense to me. IMHO, if BGT is really a core formula, it should be priced the same and as a consumer it makes me feel a little "taken advantage of". The seasonals are also treatment based, so will we see a price increase there too?? The 613 is truely a "different" product than all the other CC's so it makes sense to me why that is priced higher. I'm having a hard time justifying the BGT, even though it's my favorite-it almost seems like it's popularity and Chaz pushing it extremely hard in the April shows just made QVC think they can charge more-and some people definitely will pay any amount of money for their hair, but I have to put a limit down somewhere. I'm not a chemist or do anything with product development but I have to imagine the profit margin on all Wen is really large-even if the BGT costs more, is it really $4 more or a more nominal amount?? There's definitely better "deals" on Wen if you're willing to try a non authorized vendor and I think if QVC ups the price on the BGT 32oz, I may shop elsewhere at least for that formula. Also, with 3 different price points for CC's now (core, BGT and 613) it just makes things more confusing and harder to budget for- it could turn more people off and ultimately bd a bad business decision for Chaz, the Wen team and QVC. I'm curious to see how things shake out.
Honored Contributor

ok, I just find this ironic. Last week they changed the RTM Duo photo from BGT to LAV... and now the LAV option is not available (CA is also sold out). {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

-- bebe Smile

Valued Contributor

On 7/13/2014 bebe777 said:

ok, I just find this ironic. Last week they changed the RTM Duo photo from BGT to LAV... and now the LAV option is not available (CA is also sold out). {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

-- bebe Smile

AND, also the free shipping. I'm bracing for a price increase when they ALL come back in stock.

Valued Contributor

Pure speculation on my part but I am expecting to see BGT Home & Away Replenishing Treatment Mist back in stock soon. Now that tonight is the last time for the $39.99 price, I expect to see it back at the higher price. I remember when I talked to CS a few months back they said they would be getting it back. Now that it has been marketed as a treatment based formula, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/31/2014 w84WEN said:

Pure speculation on my part but I am expecting to see BGT Home & Away Replenishing Treatment Mist back in stock soon. Now that tonight is the last time for the $39.99 price, I expect to see it back at the higher price. I remember when I talked to CS a few months back they said they would be getting it back. Now that it has been marketed as a treatment based formula, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I hope you're right but I heard Jacque say during the show last night that it was the last order of the year. Maybe we'll see more in the New Year (that sounds so weird to say) . I know only SAM and Lavender is left.
Respected Contributor

On 7/4/2014 kh27 said: I think it's very likely your theory is correct but I'm *hoping* you are wrong. I understand that the BGT costs more to make from the shows, but for a while the BGT was offered at a featured price of $26 or so for the 16oz- cheaper than the other CC's. I understand the point of a "featured price" but to then INCREASE the base price doesn't make sense to me. IMHO, if BGT is really a core formula, it should be priced the same and as a consumer it makes me feel a little "taken advantage of". The seasonals are also treatment based, so will we see a price increase there too?? The 613 is truely a "different" product than all the other CC's so it makes sense to me why that is priced higher. I'm having a hard time justifying the BGT, even though it's my favorite-it almost seems like it's popularity and Chaz pushing it extremely hard in the April shows just made QVC think they can charge more-and some people definitely will pay any amount of money for their hair, but I have to put a limit down somewhere. I'm not a chemist or do anything with product development but I have to imagine the profit margin on all Wen is really large-even if the BGT costs more, is it really $4 more or a more nominal amount?? There's definitely better "deals" on Wen if you're willing to try a non authorized vendor and I think if QVC ups the price on the BGT 32oz, I may shop elsewhere at least for that formula. Also, with 3 different price points for CC's now (core, BGT and 613) it just makes things more confusing and harder to budget for- it could turn more people off and ultimately bd a bad business decision for Chaz, the Wen team and QVC. I'm curious to see how things shake out.
Chaz has said he doesn't quite consider BGT a core, but a step up from a core and not all the way to 613. The seasonals have already increased to $52 bucks and change so yes to that. For Team WEN it doesn't make much difference, he's always charged more for it and he's taking a cut of the Q business, so more is more, it's another revenue stream. The Q is just following the successful pricing structure he already had.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Kjelle said:
On 7/4/2014 kh27 said: I think it's very likely your theory is correct but I'm *hoping* you are wrong. I understand that the BGT costs more to make from the shows, but for a while the BGT was offered at a featured price of $26 or so for the 16oz- cheaper than the other CC's. I understand the point of a "featured price" but to then INCREASE the base price doesn't make sense to me. IMHO, if BGT is really a core formula, it should be priced the same and as a consumer it makes me feel a little "taken advantage of". The seasonals are also treatment based, so will we see a price increase there too?? The 613 is truely a "different" product than all the other CC's so it makes sense to me why that is priced higher. I'm having a hard time justifying the BGT, even though it's my favorite-it almost seems like it's popularity and Chaz pushing it extremely hard in the April shows just made QVC think they can charge more-and some people definitely will pay any amount of money for their hair, but I have to put a limit down somewhere. I'm not a chemist or do anything with product development but I have to imagine the profit margin on all Wen is really large-even if the BGT costs more, is it really $4 more or a more nominal amount?? There's definitely better "deals" on Wen if you're willing to try a non authorized vendor and I think if QVC ups the price on the BGT 32oz, I may shop elsewhere at least for that formula. Also, with 3 different price points for CC's now (core, BGT and 613) it just makes things more confusing and harder to budget for- it could turn more people off and ultimately bd a bad business decision for Chaz, the Wen team and QVC. I'm curious to see how things shake out.
Chaz has said he doesn't quite consider BGT a core, but a step up from a core and not all the way to 613. The seasonals have already increased to $52 bucks and change so yes to that. For Team WEN it doesn't make much difference, he's always charged more for it and he's taking a cut of the Q business, so more is more, it's another revenue stream. The Q is just following the successful pricing structure he already had.

This thread gives some additional information about this topic...

From the very end of post #24 (almost at the end of the page) in the June 2014 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread:

Bamboo Green Tea Gallons

* Chaz on BGT (Lisa mentioned that surprisingly the hybrid BGT was the same price as the other gallons): Just this time. It will not be [the same price] next year, I'm almost positive. So this year it is because they realized you guys have been pounding down our doors for BGT. They said we'll do it this time but I guarantee you, in the future, it will be separated from the month of June. (5/31) -- It's in a different category. It should be in more of a Seasonal category. Next year, in the June gallons, it most likely won't be an option. (6/1) -- It's a stand alone product. It's more of a hybrid between the traditionals and 613. (6/2)