Super Contributor

I just do not believe her.... she talks like she is reading a script. Must have been hired based on her looks alone.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I just saw her on Chaz' show and I wondered if I had missed something. I wonder why he picked her ? ? She has only been using WEN for about a year I think she said. What about his other sidekicks that have been with him from the start? So, then, my mind runs a muck. Is he selling? Is she a rep for the company that is buying? It is almost as if she has come out of nowhere.

Respected Contributor
On 6/28/2014 Deanie said:

Well, I just saw her on Chaz' show and I wondered if I had missed something. I wonder why he picked her ? ? She has only been using WEN for about a year I think she said. What about his other sidekicks that have been with him from the start? So, then, my mind runs a muck. Is he selling? Is she a rep for the company that is buying? It is almost as if she has come out of nowhere.

Anyone he picked would seem to come out of nowhere. We have known about her for months, tho. He introduced her first on QVC Japan. She is there for the reasons he stated. He can't do hair, run the business, shoot infomercials, have time to create, have a life and appear on QVC in US, UK, Japan and Germany. He needs a clone. She is TV ready, and has a marketing background. I am giving her a chance. Please nobody start some panic that he's selling.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Yes, you missed a lot. He's not selling, she's not the rep for the company that's buying. That was a BIG stretch. She's going to be presenting WEN during the overnights or when Chaz can't be here. He's been having her on the shows all month explaining the situation. He's just too busy to do everything, he needs a break now and then.

This is her first time talking on air here - there's a lot to learn, not just about WEN, but about QVC. Some kindness wouldn't be so hard, now would it?

Frequent Contributor

I agree with Okiebug. It's difficult just starting a new job. Try starting one that millions of people will be watching. She'll adjust. Give her a chance.

Esteemed Contributor
I get that Chaz needs a backup BUT I'm wondering if she was hired by the Q as the models are. I would much rather have Joanne or someone from TeamWen. To me it seems like she's selling herself not Wen. Sorry but I'll only be watching Chaz.
Trusted Contributor

OK. I guess I worry needlessly. Every time a fave company is purchased the products seem to suffer. And, I do not believe that I expressed any concerns over her presentation, just her presence.

Respected Contributor
I think she is a very beautiful girl with beautiful hair. She is obviously a great person to represent Wen. However, I almost wish he would let someone from team Wen do it. I really love his stylist, Anna. He did say that Gina lives in PA, so she is local to the QVC area. Someone from team Wen may not be able to be there either. I would rather it be Chaz all the time, but I'm sure Gina will do fine.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

I have only seen her briefly and don't remember her name. Clearly, her hair was good before using Wen. However, the bottom line will be how her presence will affect the sales when she appears. She lives in the area and can appear on QVC easily. Perhaps, she will make an appearance when there are Beauty Shows where there are only short showings. As was the case this month, Chaz left and came back. This woman can appear when Chaz is gone. Surprised he doesn't do a show with her or at least I didn't see any shows where this occurred.

No one mentioned this woman's name. That is a marketing issue already. Time will only tell.

Thanks...her name is Gina.

Super Contributor

beaches, she may be selling herself unintentionally right now - she knows she has a big job trying to gain the trust of the WENners, so maybe she's trying too hard right now to prove that she's capable.

Gina was introduced by Chaz and Mary Beth both, her name was mentioned several times in this thread, earlier in the month she was introduced. She's on with Chaz and Mary Beth for this show, a little at a time. That's the same way they introduce and train all new reps and hosts. Nothing unusual.