Honored Contributor

Anyon use a dry shampoo to extend your non-CC days? ++++

I used some oil at the roots last night thinking today would be CC day but something has come up and I won't have the time for my hair routine. So, I thought of using It's a 10 Dry Shampoo (which is fantastic, btw). I have never used it while using WEN so.... just wondered if anyone else has used a non- WEN product to extend that great hair look one more day.

Luckily I didn't use too much oil....

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyon use a dry shampoo to extend your non-CC days? ++++

I stopped using dry shampoo once I started using wen. In fact nothing that has not been created by Chaz has touched this hair in almost 3 years! Different things work for every head of hair.

Honored Contributor

That is my goal; use only WEN, lol. But in this instance, how does one make the oil less... oily? What WEN product would you use to get the lightness back in the hair? The RTM?

Regular Contributor

On 6/23/2014 sahmIam said:

That is my goal; use only WEN, lol. But in this instance, how does one make the oil less... oily? What WEN product would you use to get the lightness back in the hair? The RTM?

Yes I use the RTM....sometimes the VTS. I too like you only do the oils on a day that I know I will be cleansing......If I had an unexpected appointment or something come up I would probably just put my hair up and forgo the dry shampoo.

Valued Contributor

I'm a stylist and I don't use anything that's not wen either. I never could stand most dry shampoos anyway. I'd also put it up and forget it. You could use a little cornstarch or some kind of powder if you wanted to.

Respected Contributor

I have a bottle of dry shampoo but haven't used it in quite a while. If that is your only alternative you should use it.

Contributor

I use Bumble and Bumble's Pret a Powder. It's non-aerosol, you sprinkle it like salt. It's also a volumizer/texturizer so you don't get that silky shiny Wen hair using it but it does soak up oil really well and "mattify" your hair so you don't look greasy. I would say your hair looks better than it feels after using it (you can add it to the length to add "grip" for an updo or braid for instance) It's def not for everyone but I love it.
Trusted Contributor

In the past, I've used Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo (the powder). But, I haven't used it in ages, still have a bottle sitting beneath my sink.

My hair is fine in texture, so when I do an oil treatment, there is no hope for me having presentable hair. There's nothing that I could do other than pull it up in a ponytail and pull on a baseball cap :-)

On days where my hair is quite perfect (roots are getting oily), I spray the Replenishing Treatment Mist on the length of my hair and a little Volumizing Treatment Spray on the roots, working it in well this gives me lift and the alcohol helps to dry out the oiliness.

Frequent Contributor

I do wish Chaz would make a Wen hair powder for those of us who just have the oiliest of scalps on second day hair no matter what. That would be such an awesome product.

Super Contributor

I use Dry shampoo when I can't or don't have time to wash my hair. I wish I didn't have to wash my hair everyday, but I do. I love WEN and what it does for my hair, but it hasn't changed or slowed my oil production down at all and I have been using it for several years.