Respected Contributor

WEN Tea Tree Oil - Not Really Tea Tree?

But Eucalyptus and Argon oil mixed in? I don't get it.

Super Contributor

Re: WEN Tea Tree Oil - Not Really Tea Tree?

I don't really understand your question - WEN tea tree oil has tea tree oil in it. The list of ingredients from the chazdean website is:

Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Organic Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Tocopherol

Tea tree oil is an essential oil and shouldn't be used full strength but must be diluted with carrier oils like jojoba, olive, argan.

Trusted Contributor

i think way back in the beginning the tea tree oil contained more tea tree & did not contain the eucalyptus...but i think many people found the scent too harsh & then it became tea tree/eucalyptus...i prefer the more 'strait/full strength' tea tree...desert essence brand even makes a 'kinder to skin' tea tree oil...they have a nice line of tea tree products for great prices...
Valued Contributor

Oki is right....there's tea tree in there. The treatment oil is tea tree eucalyptus.

Frequent Contributor

you wouldn't want it to be just straight tea tree oil as you need a carrier oil (or multiple carrier oils) to dilute it since tea tree oil full strength can be really harsh on skin/hair and cause drying and peeling. i have a small bottle of straight tea tree oil from the drugstore that i use to treat scratches, bug bites, blemishes, etc and it says right on the bottle to only apply in small doses (drops, NOT droppers) and if a larger amount is required, to add it to a carrier oil to dilute it and then apply the diluted oil.

Honored Contributor

I have 100% pure tea tree oil and I never use it undiluted. I always mix with a carrier oil at 15-30 drops per oz of carrier oil.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!