Contributor

Lavender for fine, thin hair

I'm trying to figure out the right mix for me. I love POM and can use BGT on my length. I'm questionable on 613 and I think Tee Tree is making my hair frizzy. I have fine, thin hair. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with Tee Tree and how Lavender worked for them. I'm going to try mixing SAM with the Tee Tree to see if the frizzy calms down.
Respected Contributor

Re: Lavender for fine, thin hair

Pom mixed with tea tree worked better for me. I just ordered Lav and my hair looks worse, less body and flat. I mixed the lav with tt, will go back to pom.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

CAKaren, welcome to the Wen forum and welcome to Wen!!! Smile

I think the LAV CC may be the most puzzling formula to figure out. Originally LAV was recommended for people who had thin/fine hair but, for a number of those people (including me), LAV seemed to be too drying or make their hair frizzy.

In Chaz's last two visits, for increased volume, he has started recommending LAV for people who have a lot of thin/fine hair. And now, for people with not a lot of thin/fine hair, he's recommending TT for added volume. TT has always been a staple for me. It doesn't give me added volume, but it does seem to reduce my frizzies.

You had mentioned that a 613/TT combination had give you frizzies. It might be the specific amino acid complex in the 613 that is causing the problem.

You had mentioned trying TT with SAM which sounds like a good idea. Since BGT isn't giving you frizzies, TT and BGT might also be worth a try. -- You might also try seeing if using TT for the first cleanse vs. the second cleanse makes a difference. For me, my frizzies are reduced when I use a Seasonal for my first rinse and TT for my second rinse.

Best of luck!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

I just tried lavender for the very first time and I was happy with the results. I have a lot of fine thin hair. My HG is sweet almond but I will include the lavender in my rotation. It gave me volume but not as much as sweet almond. With SAM my hair is WOW! To me the lavender results were very much like the winter cranberry mint.
Super Contributor

LAV on its own is too drying for my hair, but I love it mixed with TT and SAM.

Super Contributor

I love TT and 613 individually, but I can't use them together--I get frizzies from that, too. POM also gives me frizzies (sigh) and I've never tried LAV, but a couple of friends have and really like it. For them it hasn't been drying at all.

WEN is so much about experimentation! Make sure you report back how LAV works out for you. It's one of those formulas that doesn't seem to get talked about a lot.

Respected Contributor

I am fairly new to Wen. The first TSV that I bought was the Lavendar and Apple Spice. I didn't really like the Apple Spice and gave it to someone. I used the Lavendar and also found it drying and mixed it with another formula for better results.

Respected Contributor

I have lots of fine textured hair. I love lavender. I also like Sweet almond mint.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

I slept with jojoba oil in my hair and used SAM this morning. My hair feels much softer. I think I might be allergic to Tea Tree, my hair was awful with more than usual hair in the drain. I was so looking to more volume, as I could really use it. I'll order Lavender once my stash gets used up.