Valued Contributor

WEN Mousse - How Much to Use?

Hi all. For you WEN mousse users, how many pumps do you use? I am not sure how much I should be using. I know it varies, but would love to know how much you all use. I have shoulder length curly hair. I have used as little as 6 pumps and as much as 12 pumps. Is that too much/too little? I use it on soaking wet hair after my leave in and SC. Thanks for your responses!

Super Contributor

Re: WEN Mousse - How Much to Use?

I use 4 pumps total and I have fine hair that is almost to my bra strap. I mainly focus on the roots and a little on the ends.

Respected Contributor

Mine is a little thick halfway to my bra line and I use 7 pumps, so I think there's alot of room for experimentation.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

I have super short, fine, straight hair. I use 4 pumps and then also use a pea size of SC with 4 sprays of VTS mixed in. I get lots of body!

KJPA
Super Contributor

Hi Arianny,

I have thick curly hair just past my shoulders and I use about 15 pumps, but I split it up 5 on each side and 5 in the back. You can't use too much, it's so light and fluffy and never leaves my hair sticky or crunchy.

Regular Contributor

Nunny?!?! Is that u?!
Regular Contributor

Nunny?!?! Is that u?!
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your responses. I guess I just have to keep experimenting. Miss Klynn - my hair sounds to be similar to yours, so I may try to split it up like you do. Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

Arianny, Chaz has said that you can't use too much mousse. A few times he's retold the story about his assistant who experimented with the mousse by using 40 pumps of it. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I have shoulder length, thin/fine hair and I use 3 pumps of 613 mousse. I started with 4 pumps but it did leave my hair a bit sticky (I don't have a lot of hair). Three pumps gives me hold without stickiness.

-- bebe Smile