Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced an allergic reaction to the RTM. My skin is usually very clear but about a week ago, I broke out in a red pimply rash with many tiny whiteheads on my forehead. I blamed a facial oil that I'd been using on and off for the past few months that would occasionally give me one red bump every now and then. It did occur to me that it might have been the VTS since I had just started using that the past week too but I was really careful not to get any on my face. Never even occured to me it might have been the RTM until yesterday I used a few big spritz's on my chest while I was wearing a very sheer sweater with a tank top underneath. This morning I woke up with the same rash on my chest....it's got to be the RTM.

The interesting thing is that yesterday was my first time using my new BGT purchased from QVC. Prior to that, I used a SAM only a few times that I'd gotten from Sephora which I believe is the same formula as G-R and this is the one I must have gotten on my forehead since I never bother to cover my face since so many people use RTM on their faces. I did a quick comparison on the back and they have very different ingredients. I have no idea what the irritant could be.

Honored Contributor

No, and I'm so sorry you did. I checked the G-R version of the Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist at Sephora and the ingredients weren't the same as the QVC version. (This was over a year ago, so they might be now.) The QVC version had peptides that the G-R version did not.

Each formula is slightly different because each scent has different botanicals and oils that go with it. It's possible it's something specific to the Bamboo Green Tea formula.

I've used several different RTM formulas on my face and body with great results, but I haven't tried the BGT.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you had this experience.

I spritz 613 or BGT RTM on my face 3 - 4 times a day, more if I'm flying. Really helps hydrate.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I hope you figure out what caused the irritation {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Something in the SAM CC was terrible for my skin (it was also awful for my hair so I was trying to use it up as a body wash or shave cream. There wasn't any way I could use it that didn't cause issues.) I never use the RTMs on my face though, because they feel sticky on my hands and hair...which doesn't seem like it would be pleasant on my face.

Super Contributor
That's too bad, I've used just about all of them on my face except TT and have never had a problem, you must be allergic to some ingredient in it. I use mine about 3 or times a day on my face .
Valued Contributor
A number of the natural ingredients: rosemary, lemon, orange, etc., are skin irritants. So are the preservatives used in the Wen CCs, methylcloroisothiazolinone and methylsothiazolinone. Because of this, I cannot use any of the CCs. However, I also avoid silicones, which rules out the other products in this line. If your rash continues, consult your doctor to hp identify the allergen. See if Benadryl helps it clear.