Regular Contributor

Let me preface this by saying, I still love WEN. I will still use WEN. Just writing this to share with everyone, like many have shared with me as I have started this new hair care journey.

Be aware that in some individuals fig leaf extract can cause a skin rash. I discovered this this weekend as I was looking into the differences in the RTM and trying to decide which one I wanted. Chaz kept saying, "I can't make claims but, you can go online and look up why I use..." one product or another. That's what I did. You can find this online at WebMD and some Natural hair care sites. And This is what I found. This explained what was happening to me.{#emotions_dlg.sad} I was developing a rash along my hair line and couldn't figure out why. I do have sensitive skin and occasionally get a rash in the summer localized in one spot on my neck. This was different. I admit I was going a little crazy with the Fig CC, SC, Remoist, RTM. So, right now I'm on a fig hiatus. And have been treating my skin. I will go back to Fig because it does my hair great.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I just have to be careful about using so much leave-in and being careful about my hairline.

Honored Contributor

Keep an eye out. While it could be fig extract, it could be something else, too. Let us know how it works out for you.

Just an FYI - A guy I know is allergic to cold. Cold air, cold water, cold anything gives him a rash and hives. It can even escalate into anaphylactic shock and he can die from it. It's called cold urticaria and it's not common, but it's a big hassle. Once I saw him get a rash from having his arm out the car window while he was driving. We worked at a summer camp together and he would have to bundle up to go out for evening activities, like a camp fire. He could only swim on very hot days, because the pool wasn't heated. He couldn't drink anything with ice. Seriously, allergic to cold.

There's almost nothing someone can't be allergic to.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Will do.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Keep an eye out. While it could be fig extract, it could be something else, too. Let us know how it works out for you.

This!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.