Frequent Contributor

RTM too drying? Anyone else?

Hi! I love the RTM (I have it in SMC) for my skin, but for some reason it seems to be drying for my hair. I find that just a drop or so of pure argan oil works better for making my hair soft and smooth. I still am tempted to try the BGT re moist mist though Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Re: RTM too drying? Anyone else?

Some of the RTM formulas seem more moisturizing than others. For instance WCM doesn't do as much for me as SAM or POM. Now that I cut off some of my bad ends, I more luck with TT RTM than I used to as well. So vary it, and see what you get. HTH
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Some one here previously suggested adding some oil to the RTM. A big thanks to that person! I did it and am having much better results w/ the RTM.

I also found it a bit drying on my hair. Adding a couple droppers of the oil really has made a difference in the final result of softer, silkier hair.

Give it a try!

Honored Contributor

I don't usually use the RTM on my hair and save it for my skin. I found that the DIY versions works better on my hair. You can Google the recipe, but it uses cleansing conditioner, styling cream, and an oil.

Regular Contributor

When using RTM or any liquid on your hair, I have recently discovered you have to seal it in. Otherwise, it will evaporate leaving you feeling dry or even drier than before. Just apply a little oil or cream on afterwards and it will last a lot longer and you won't dry out to the same degree. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

Thanks all! I'm going to try those suggestions!

Valued Contributor

Several of the RTM's are drying for me too, but BGT is not. I just have to make sure that I use enough of it though. When I refresh for the second day I spray about what Chaz does in his demos...three spritzes per section maybe? And then blow dry a little bit to smooth. I pull my hair up a lot for the second day as well.

eta I saved the recipe though, I want to make a batch to see how it does for my hair compared to Chaz's version.