Trusted Contributor

I was going to post on another thread and figured I hijacked enough. So I'll start a fresh one. Did anyone else hear Chaz talk about his dogs being his air fresheners? It sounded like a joke and then I realized they were totally serious. He sprays them with the RTM and then they walk around the house making everything smell sooooo good. And he says it's good for them to boot. (I'm paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact words.)

I wonder how RTM will work on my Bichon? Smiley Wink

KJPA
Valued Contributor
I think for dogs it's Ok as he does it all the time and my mom does it to her dog. But it's probably not best for cats. They are very sensitive to essential oils. If ya want to be sure, it couldn't hurt to call your vets office and double check. :-) Every time he says "walking air freshner's" I just picture dogs walking around the room with those sticky air fresher's all over them, lol!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Trusted Contributor
LOL, me too!
KJPA
Super Contributor
Y'all I bought Wen pets when it first came out, and I just mixed up a big ol bottle of rtm for my girl with that...I know its safe and no worries about anything tea tree bothering the neighbors kitty. I just dumped it ina ginormous sprayer and added water til it looked like regular rtm....Sometimes I add a little lavender oil but mostly its just the Wen Pets and water. It works real good at softening her matted fur, and really fluffs up her coat when shes lookin bedraggled.lol Seriously lasts forever even on my giant breed baby girlSmiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Before my German shepherd went to the rainbow bridge I always used the replenishing mists on her. She loved it, she would come running for it when she saw it in my hand. She smelled good and she knew it lol, she used to smell her paws. It was cute. She was a very smart dog and I miss her dearly.
Valued Contributor
Losing a pet is on of the hardest things to go through. But the joy they bring us is worth it tenfold! They are one of God greatest blessings! Love that there are so many animal lovers here! And since I'm a cat owner and I can't use the RTM on them maybe I could put one of those pine tree air fresheners around their neck like a collar?! Lol! ;-) (Don't worry, I wouldn't actually do that.)
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor

The things I learn here are amazing. I have 2 Keeshonds. Would this RTM stuff work on long haired dogs? Would I just spray and brush, and let them dry on their own? Would I need to use a blow dryer?

Sorry... I'm not up on WEN anymore, and there are so many new offerings in his line. I do wish Chaz would make at least one (Non Kid Formula/Scent) without the menthol. I would be back pronto.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I have a Golden Retriever and use the RTM on him. Not only does he smell great, but his coat soft, shiny, and beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Thank you. Any suggestions on scents?

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor
On 4/21/2014 Mistic said:

Thank you. Any suggestions on scents?

Whatever scent you like. I don't use the RTM a lot on my hair so I've got a supply built up for my dog. I use whatever one strikes me at the time. A caution though...If you have a cat, and the dog & cat lay together and the cat licks the dog, I'd recommend that you avoid the TT since tea tree oil is dangerous to cats. I don't think the concentration of the TT oil in the RTM is super high, and I know there are commercial pet shampoos that contain TT oil, but there's really no need to take the risk with all the other options available.

And, Mistic, to answer your other question...no, you don't saturate them to the point of needing to blow them dry. You're just misting them over the tops of their coat and that dries down quickly and easily on its own. Do it however it's comfortable for you...brush & mist at the same time, brush first then mist, mist first then brush, rough the hair up in the wrong direction then mist and smooth the hair back. There are days when I'll just give a quick misting w/o brushing, too. It's all good.